Thursday, June 3, 2010

Water-Logged, Worn Out, and Wonderful

I do declare that today shall be the day I blog regularly again. We have internet finally, and all boxes are unpacked (not put away) so the excuses are all gone. Before we left Harrison for the final move in, my friend Jaimi dropped off these most adorable cookies. Beyond precious and thoughtful, right?

Our very first night in our house we got invited over to Emily and Shelby's (he works at Cox) for a cookout and it was so much fun. The food was delightful and the company was too. Asher was great with Amelia. He showed her all his toys and played great with her. Amelia was, of course, enamored with Asher.

I called around to find a park in Ozark and after a couple of wrong turns, we found the local park here and Amelia had a great time. There is a river trail and we fed the ducks and threw in some rocks. But, her favorite was the swing--hands down.
She also got to use her new sprinkler mat from G and Pa and Ross and I had a blast watching her use it in our new front yard!!! It is her first yard and she is so excited not to have just apartment parking lot to play in.
The next day Jen invited us over to swim at her neighborhood pool and we got to see Jared too! Amelia loved the kiddie pool and the big pool. After about five seconds, she wanted no part of her sweet Pooh floatie from last year, so we will just have to do life jackets it looks like. As Meme said, "She thinks she is three."

And with that my friends, I bid you adieu. I am tired. But, not too tired to say the following. Ross (watching over my shoulder as I type): "What is Adeeayouu?"
Me: "Um, adieu. It means goodbye."
Ross: Dorky laugh

5 comments:

  1. The last bit has me rolling in the floor laughing. I mean--seriously--I can't stop laughing. ahhhh--I must calm down to comment on the rest. Oh Ross...

    I love your new house and so glad Amelia does too. I love the cookies Jaimi made! Makes me want to start baking PRONTO! Looks like AC has had tons of fun in the water. That sprinkler mat looks so fun. So glad you are back to daily blogging. Thank goodness your wireless started working! Yipppee.

    Loveyou
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times in Springfield and Ozark already !!! Thankfully the blog woman is back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super photos and off to a great start in Ozark.wonderful cookies Jaimi!Gammy misses her sweet crew.So glad there is a nice park for you guys right there.love that little suit with the sun protection top.Looks like Asher won her over.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to modern day technology. I am happy to see you guys are settling in. I love Amelia's face in the last picture. Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Garrett would looooove to have you guys over sometime, he was just telling me. You know he has his horses and some cows too, so Amelia could have her own petting zoo! Plus he's great at the bbq and Sheree is a good cook too! Or if you're in springfield, he works at PFI and he plays and ropes with every kid that comes in there, and there's free cheese and wine tasting, but you'll probably just want the cheese! I'm so happy for your family, your new place, and new yard!! love it

    ReplyDelete