Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Three Years

I never really buy it when people say they have no regrets. Yes, you do. Everyone has regrets. And don't give the line about things working out the way they are supposed to so you wouldn't change a thing. I have regrets. About things that I have said or things that I haven't said; people I have been mean to and people I have ignored; the list goes on.

HOWEVER, I do not regret the heartache of relationships gone awry. I do not regret the hours I spent praying for a husband to love me and love the Lord. I do not regret all the tears and time on the couch eating ice cream. I do not regret watching my friends get married one by one and trying to wait patiently for my turn. I do not regret one single moment of any of that because I know the reason.

It was so that I could spend my life with Ross. I often wonder why this soft-spoken, curly haired, intelligent, wonderful man picked me. And since I can't figure it out, I am just extremely grateful. So, Ross thank you for picking me. Thank you for loving my loud mouth and opinionated self. You are such a calming presence in my life and I am so proud of the moment I walked down that aisle towards you.

He never even reads this blog by the way :) Apparently the news is way more interesting. Oh well, I will shout it to whoever will listen.

I have been pregnant two out of our three anniversaries. HMMM. Yep, we are expecting again. We have been so blessed and we are just thrilled. Amelia is so thrilled she has chosen not to nap today. I was really looking forward to an "Anniversary" nap, but that is not happening.

Ross gave me BEAUTIFUL white roses this morning and a card---I will post a picture later, must go because Yo Gabba Gabba is over.

7 comments:

  1. Well, I am all teary eyed..

    Yes, you are blessed to have Ross but he is also blessed to have you. Thanks to the Lord you found each other. Be kind and loving to one another each day.Happy Anniversary..

    A precious one on the way to add more love, laughs and joy to your lives. Amelia will have a play mate.Exciting news !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful words Heather that I know you mean. You are very lucky to have each other.Amelia is lucky to have such great parents and a sibling on the way.Lots of babies in our family-such fun!The Lord always knows best.Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Heather, Ross and Amelia. When are you due? and Happy Anniversary too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay!!!!!! Congrats :) Is it possible to have another child as precious as Amelia? I'm not sure...but I guess we'll find out in 9 months or so. So happy and proud of you. Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! What a cute way to throw that in there! Amelia is a doll...I especially love the recent pic of her piggy tails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might have teared up at that post. Maybe because you are such a fantastic writer or maybe because of these dumb hormones. We'll blame it on those two things. haha. I'm so happy you and Ross have each other also. He fits into our family seamlessly.

    Told Glen and Dan the news last night and they were thrilled to bits! See you SOON.

    steph

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!! Congrats!!! :)

    ReplyDelete