Thursday, June 17, 2010

William and Walker-- Fun Times Two

Amy Jo drove up for a play date today and I was so tickled. She is the first friend from home to come see me and I couldn't wait for her and the boys to get here. We played inside since it was so hot, but eventually caved and busted out the sprinkle mat and little pool.

Walker loved Amelia's little watering can. Isn't he sweet?
Amelia is so fair. I have gotten attached to these swim shirts because her shoulders are the most sensitive. So, even when she has on a cute suit, I put a shirt on her. She obviously could care less what she has on, as long as she is in the sprinkle mat.


Today was the first time that she stuck her face over the water as it was shooting up. She would then run to me drenched and proud.


Will (donning Amelia's pink sunglasses) was concentrating so hard on filling up this bucket. He was really good with the "babies" today.


It was a great morning and after some grilled cheese sandwiches, they headed off for naps and we did the same.

The cookout last night was a no-go for Amelia and I. It was lightning, windy, hailing, raining and we were under a STW right when it was time to leave. I told Ross my child would not be at a park under a pavilion in lightning. He said, "Mine won't be either." Good answer since we share a child. So, he went alone and for the millionth time in my life, weather foiled my plans. He said his classmates were super nice and he was excited to start today. YES--first day at Cox--so proud of him.

4 comments:

  1. Fun times with Harrison friends for Buzzy.
    Well, you can only do what you can when it comes to weather. Glad Ross went and had a good time anyway. Thinking of him today,know he was super excited to start his day.
    Those boys of AmyJo's are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a super fun time with Amy and the boys. I love that sprinkler mat. Can't wait to hear how Ross's first day was! Keep me updated. Love.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fun. Amy, your boys are precious! I love the pic of Amelia with her face soaked. Too cute!

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Amelia Claire with the wet face look-fun with friends on a summer day-YEAH!

    ReplyDelete