Tuesday, June 15, 2010

We Made It!

Chillin' before the trip. I was a nervous wreck. Amelia, not so much.
Honestly, I was really nervous about the drive, but I knew we needed to go see family and I knew Mom and Dad had a great attitude about it and lo and behold Amelia did fabulous going to TN. I am really not sure how. The trip took much longer than anticipated due to rain, motorcyclists, and just a ton of traffic. However, we all sang and acted crazy and we made it there with only one small meltdown. The wedding reception was gorgeous and Amelia was crazy about all the dancing. She finally met her cousin Vayda and the two had a ball together.
These two ran around and danced and had a grand time. Amelia only had about a 45 minute nap this day and was still a peach. Honestly I was so proud of her the whole time that I just gushed inside. I kept waiting for a breakdown and it didn't happen. Here I am with the bride and Krissi.

Grandma Cates was tickled to see her great-grandbaby again since it had been quite awhile. She was also tickled to see me :)
After the reception and no nap, we went swimming in my Aunt and Uncle's pool and had so much fun. Amelia's new life jacket was a disaster, so we tried floaties (which almost scared me to death; she seems much too small for floaties) and she did great. Here I am with the two cousins.

Amelia slept in her pack n play in the motel and did wonderful, which is another miracle in itself. She is really growing up. I was bragging on her flexibility and Meme said, "Heather, when will you get it? Amelia always goes with the flow; you are the one who isn't flexible." So true. This trip was a stretch for me, with naps off and bedtime off and in and out of the car and eating in laps, etc. I love schedules. Live for them. But, it went well. Largely thanks to my parents who are so amazing with Amelia that I just sit back in awe. They are great parents and as grandparents, truly out-do themselves. Thanks for a fun trip you two!

Tomorrow is Ross's last day off before he starts at Cox. I will be so sad. I have loved having him home since he graduated. It will really be a rude awakening for Amelia and I that he isn't here all day. He starts with orientation for a few weeks, so his schedule should be easy to begin with. He meets his new co-workers for the first time tomorrow at a picnic Cox is having, so hopefully everyone gets along fabulously.

Tonight we went over to Jen's and played with all the toys she has accumulated for Amelia. Of course Amelia followed Jared around. She swang on the swing Jen bought her and played in a sandbox for the first time. It was a great night and will be so fun to get to see Jen and Jared more than we are used to. Ten minutes to their house sure beats the 4 1/2 from Little Rock.

5 comments:

  1. you're so not tan.

    -ud

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like such a fun trip. love the pics of amelia and vayda. i wish i could have seen them play together. nikki and krissi look great too! i'm excited for ross to start his new job as dr. halsted. he will be fantastic. i know it will be a hard adjustment on you and amelia, but at least we are closer now and can come up whenever we want. and you can run up to jen's to play. sounds like she has a magical playland set up. i'm not surprised in the least! loveyou

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a great trip and yes we were all high energy to make it work-LOL! It was good to see everyone who wanted to see us. So glad Amelia had a great night at Aunt Jen's house. Good luck at the BBQ,hope all goes well!:)Clap Clap for a slower adjustment with easy schedule to start with. Love all of you to the boney woney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good blog. Your life will be changing without Rossman being with you every min. It is ok,you can make it through it all,have great confidence in you !!
    Praying for a good start for Ross on his job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was bragging on her flexibility and Meme said, "Heather, when will you get it? Amelia always goes with the flow; you are the one who isn't flexible." ...

    Oh, what a wise Meme you have, my dear!
    You must have the backlit dancing photo enlarged (ever so cheap and good at Walgreens)..A jewel.

    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete