Friday, May 28, 2010

Moving On..


Oh my heavens. Moving is not for the faint of heart. This has been the hardest move to date. It has been slow mainly has because of this little lady.

And some to do with it being a house instead of a pea-sized apartment. Either way, it has resulted in about eight days of no internet, little sleep, and us STILL not being moved in.

AHHHH.

Plus, I am still semi-emotionally exhausted from leaving my friends in Little Rock. I am a bundle of joy aren't I? Thankfully there was loads of fun the weekend before the move in the form of Mammaw's birthday party, Steph's baby shower, and Mom's surprise retirement party. Whew. Been trying to keep Amelia entertained while moving--which has required effort from Steph, Mom, Dad, Meme, Pop, and myself. Ross has done most of the work on the house--which will be of no shock to anyone that knows him. Work horse. In his sweet way he tells me taking care of Amelia is just as much work as unloading 573,466 boxes. Pretty close :)

I have no pictures of the festivities above because they are on my laptop, but I will post them soon. Soon is a relative term at this point. We are getting internet at the house today and hopefully moving in and spending the night by this weekend. Can't wait for Amelia to see her new room. This little firecracker will know something is up, ha.

I do have a few swimming and feeding the duck pictures handy...

5 comments:

  1. Now that is baby ducks,lol...
    Yes, Amelia has had a lot of fun this past week and time to see her new home.
    Thank heavens for Ross Man....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cute little lady! Hope you all enjoy your weekend and get some rest.

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard move--yes. Totally awesome house--YES! so worth it. derek and I can't wait to come stay in our room. yipppee! good luck recovering dining room chairs today. :) loveyou

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw one chair and it looked great! Good luck tonight with Amelia's first night in her new room. We loved having you with us.Your house is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm ready to see some pics of your new house...just thought I would let you know. :o)

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete