Tuesday, June 29, 2010

White Water

I was nervous-imagine that-about taking Amelia to WW. You know, the schedule being messed up and a water park for hours and paying that much to get in and on and on. And she just went with the flow-imagine that-and was a doll. Ross and I decided that we would try to get her to take a nap in the cabana we all rented and if it didn't work that we would just let her keep playing until she had a meltdown. The nap didn't pan out (but way to go Reed and Owen for snoozing on the go) so we let her keep playing. At three, I made the executive decision that we had been there too long and that sparked the meltdown. She kept screaming "NOOO" and "WAAAATAAAHH" but the drama was all encouraged by her lack of nap. Miss Amelia fell asleep as we walked to the car.

She loved the water pouring out and stuck her head under it several times, but was not happy when the water got in her eyes. Umm hard to avoid when you stick your head under there sweetie.




This tunnel was a favorite of hers even though it had very little to do with the water. Of course when Deacon was on the other end, squeals of delight ensued.





Apparently I have no pics of the other kids at White Water and very few of Amelia. I was watching her every second on the wet concrete and trying to hold her hand, etc. My normal spaz self made it hard to get a good picture. She did eat a piece of pizza which blew my mind. I had Ross document it.



And we got a family pic too during lunch. So sweet. (We told Amelia to look up, but she wasn't sure where ha)


Amy, Andrea, and I


One thing that I love about White Water is how people wear whatever they want. I love that a three hundred pound lady feels comfortable rocking out a flag bikini. There are some bathing suits that I saw and thought, Never in a million years... But at the same time, I am thinking, Good for you. Whatever floats your boat. Or rocks your wave pool.


It was a fantastic day and thank goodness for swim shirts. I thought they were so dorky, until I had a kid. Now, I love them and am so thankful that they help protect her little shoulders. Thanks friends for a great weekend :)

4 comments:

  1. Here is the deal....Amelia will do it all and loves anything you take her to. You are doing good taking her places when you are not comfortable with it..She will want to be on the go all summer.lol Such a fun weekend and it continues right on through the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you got a lot of good shots. Hooray for eating a piece of pizza. Go AC! I'm so glad she had fun and loved everything about the day. Sounds like all the kids love the fun in the sun.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish Ross had caught a shot of you two in the wave pool-can't believe she loved that-LOL So glad it was a perfect day and she loved every minute of it.That water starved her out for pizza-heehee! Water and concrete, come on white water get the soft mats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a blast. The only time Bentley has eaten a peanut butter sandwich was after a long morning at the beach. Wonder what it is about water play and trying new foods.

    ReplyDelete