Thursday, May 6, 2010

Imagine...

Amelia plays pretend a lot of the day. It is getting really fun to play these games with her (sometimes we play them a loooooong time) and while we were at Gammy and Gampy's she was quite fond of this empty baby food jar and measuring spoon. She would stir up the "food."



Then she would feed Malcom and Ally. Apparently they were very hungry because this went on for quite a while.
Then, it hit her that I was probably starving and I ate a ridiculous amount of baby food, as did Amelia. Her personality is so cute, and as much as I would like to say that she is just a mini-me, (not sure why I would wish that on anyone, but you know..) she actually has a lot of Ross-like qualities as well. It is fun to watch her become someone with a preference and someone that tries to make decisions. Actually she has had a preference since she came out of the womb, but that's neither here nor there. I love this last page in one of her bedtime stories:

I love you like the moon loves the stars. I love everything you'll be, and everything you are.

I literally tear up on that page every single time. It is the most precious book.

I also tear up from laughter when I am at a restaurant with Derek and the waiter is not American. Chinese food is the best because he really gets into character, but we ate Mexican last Sunday and it was quite entertaining. A little back-info: Derek always orders in the accent of the waiter or waitress. He can't help it and usually gets embarrassed, but it is so hilarious. Our waiter had a heavy accent and Derek ordered with a heavy accent as well. This photo was right when Derek realized he had done it yet again while asking for a refill.

For Mother's Day I would like a new pair of TOMS, a new necklace of the whimsical sort, a new fabric necklace from Etsy, a new pair of jeans, and/or several new t-shirts and tanktops.

I would even settle for a Sonic giftcard to purchase many Vanilla Dr. Peppers or a trip to the tropics with my husband. This will carry over and become my birthday and Christmas list, so have no fear...you will see it again :)

4 comments:

  1. Precious Amelia Claire loving pretend just like her mom and Aunt Stephanie always did-wait and still do obviously from the Mother's Day list-HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, oh my and oh my...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos this time. Love them. Your mother's day wish list is too hilarious for words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your family make me laugh so hard. Sweet Amelia is just too fun playing pretend. Derek is making me LOL as I sit by myself at this computer. I can just imagine him doing that. And you and your list are making me pee my pants. Ya'll are great!! Thanks for making me laugh. Keep posting.

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete