Friday, May 7, 2010

Things We Will Miss-- Part Two

Target.
I realize Springfield has a Target, but it will take about 20 minutes to get there as opposed to the five it takes now. I realize this does not sound like a big deal-even as I type it- but it is to me. And it is to Buzzy. Today she got these window stick ons from Target at the Dollar Spot. Those genius rows of things for only a dollar. They provided her with quite a bit of fun.

However, in the toddler moment that she has often, she decided to try and eat one of them right in the middle of playing. And that ended that.

Zoo.
Again, Springfield has a zoo and this list is losing its zeal, but let me explain. I will miss our zoo. I will miss the sporadic animal sightings. I will miss the ghetto locale. I will miss the rude ladies who make me throw out my Dr. Pepper only so I can smirk and fish another one out of the diaper bag upon entrance. I will miss this being the first zoo Amelia ever went to. You know--those kind of misses. We went Tuesday and the weather was beautiful.

Our Apartment.
I am happy to own a house and very grateful that we do given our umm current financial situation. But we brought Amelia home here. And since Amelia has a peculiar way of sitting on laps, it is here that Ross has finally mastered the art of reading upside down and I am so proud of him. (given, there are very few words per page, but my soon to be DOCTORATE DEGREE husband, has struggled with this task)
Sapville. Must go re-read my post about being ready to move to Springfield.

2 comments:

  1. You will be fine and as Jenn says, you always find the right places and the right people wherever you are. Know it is hard to leave L.R.for you, never thought I would say that. lol Amelia will miss all her little friends,she is like you,there will be others. Ross will love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Amelia Claire having fun with stick ons-bless her heart thinking they were candy-LOL-So thankful for your precious friends you have had there and looking forward to new friends and hopefully old friends visiting your new home!:) Happy Mother's Day my precious child!

    ReplyDelete