Wednesday, May 19, 2010

TRICK

Okay, no shots. Long story, but we didn't get them due to a scheduling error at the doctor. Which means we won't get them until we move. Thanks for the prayers and well-wishes; hold that thought.

I went and heard our associate pastor and his wife speak on Monday night. They shared the journey that they are on as she is battling colon cancer. It was a small group, an intimate setting, and a powerful, truthful testimony. One thing that stood out to me was when Bobby asked, "When was the last time you took your faith out for a walk?" I thought about that phrase all night and on through the week. When was the last time that I prayed for something and believed in God's power? When was the last time that I prayed and felt relief wash over me and just trusted? I usually pray and then ten minutes later am worrying about whatever prayer I just offered up. When I feel convicted about this unbelief, I brush it off and remind myself that this is just how I am. I am a worrier. That's what I do. But, that is not acceptable and I'm done with that feeble excuse. Although the change won't happen overnight, or maybe even within the year, I am going to focus on praying believing or what is the point?

And, on a lighter note...
I watch her like a hawk, but apparently, even hawks have their moments.

Amelia had her last playdate with Owen Monday.
She had her last playdate with Deacon today. Ashley took some cute pictures of us playing today. I was having way too much fun to get out my camera. http://www.babarnard.com/blog/

WAH.

4 comments:

  1. Good goal my first born daughter! I know you were sad for last play date-the pictures are great and of them babysitting.I can't comment on her sight,but good job Ashley! Hilarious of Amelia with her nacks all spread out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great message and a great thing to work towards. Love the pictures of AC and Deac-Deac. Looks like fun. Sounds like they will be visiting in Branson soon! Amelia with all the Cheerios is hilarious. "Even hawks have their moments." TOO FUNNY.

    Love
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog...nice job with your cherrios Buzzy. Get as many as you can with the hawk not watching !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When the hawks away, the birdie will play...
    Love this post. Inspiring and cute.

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete