Friday, May 14, 2010

Big Things

Oh my at the bigness around here.

#1- Coat Burning. Ross got to burn his short, dorky white coat to make room for his real doctor coat. Yahoo.

#2- Good-Bye Book Club. The girls had a good bye party for me at The House and it was a blast. They gave me a book of poetry that they all signed and we ate and played The Game of Things and laughed and laughed. This group of ladies has been such a blessing to me and we have read so many interesting books. I will greatly miss them. So, Amy, Jamie, Ingrid, Shanna, and Darcy--thanks for all the discussions about literature, life, and love.

#3- Amelia's first babysitter. Ashley, Bryan, and Deacon came over and watched Amelia for Big Thing #4 and I was apprehensive at first. I had no idea how she would do at bedtime without me to rock her to sleep. Well, she did wonderfully. Ashley said she rocked her right to sleep with no fussing and when we came home she was asleep in her Pack N Play. WOW. Thanks to Ashley for the text updates and allowing my family to enjoy Ross's Honor's Ceremony.

#4- Ross's Honors Convocation/Hooding. Ross received his Doctoral Hood tonight and I was so very proud of him. It was quite emotional as I realized that this is it. He has done it. What a man.
#5- Graduation. Tomorrow. The big of the big.

4 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL PICTURES !!!! WE ARE SO PROUD OF ROSS. You both look so happy...Go Amelia,she did her best for the big night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last book club night looks super fun! I'm so proud of Ross. He looks so happy in each picture. Hope the breakfast and graduation go great today. LOVE your dress/shoes you wore for the hooding! You looked beautiful.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know you are going to miss the book club - seems like a really cool group of ladies. congrats ross. burn that coat

    ud

    ReplyDelete
  4. GO ROSS! and YOU! behind every great man there is a great woman loving him, praying for him, and supporting him - also keeping him in line! you're one of the best! enjoy this exciting time with your family

    ReplyDelete