Sunday, May 9, 2010

Three Presents




Amelia gave me a beautiful key necklace this morning (check on whimsical necklace!!!!) and I love it. She also gave me a card she colored and Ross gave me a sweet card as well.


Then, at church she had a successful nursery visit. She played with the kids and was not even ready to go when I picked her up. This was a fabulous present and although it was largely to do with Ashley being in the nursery, I was still so proud of her. We even got to pose by the water fountain at church--which she loves. The water was spraying us everywhere, thus the awkward pose of my body.



This pretty much sums us up. Me being crazy and her being intrigued.

The third present was unwelcome and not appreciated, but it was given anyway. I tried not to accept it. Amelia decided that after ten minutes of sleep, her nap was over. Mind you, she almost always sleeps at least two hours. She might not be a great eater or even that great of a sleeper at night, but she does nap. But today, she chose not to do so. The end.

I was really sad this morning on the way to church because this is the FIRST Mother's Day that I haven't been with my mom. Wahhh. We have been driving a lot and have a lot more driving back and forth to do, so Mom said just stay put and she would see me at Ross's graduation. So, I was regretting staying and feeling upset and as I am sitting in church I had this weird experience. I flashed back to a pregnant me sitting in New Life praying for my baby each Sunday that we were there. And I was overcome with emotion to know that I was now sitting in New Life on Mother's Day with a healthy and vibrant fourteen month old. You see, I am never at my Little Rock church on big events because we always go home to be with family. SO, the Lord orchestrated this special moment for me at my own church that I have experienced life changes at. And although I miss my mom today, I am grateful for the tons of time I get to spend with her and I am grateful for my church.



I love you Mom. I know I wasn't the calmest kid and that this mouth has been smart since it was five. BUT, you persisted as the most patient and encouraging person that has ever been in my life and as I am on this journey of motherhood, I am searching for the path that very much resembles yours. One of love and laughter--one of encouraging and extra-miling--one of caring and concern. Thanks to the moon and back.

4 comments:

  1. AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!

    Top picture may be the best you have with Amelia.

    Very cute necklace,good job Buzzy.
    We missed you !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious photos and precious moments with your girl who makes everyone smile!I missed you too, my first born! Love the presents you got,except no nap-LOL!Love you to the boney woney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ac looks so big!
    i love the necklace.

    ud

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you had a great mother's day. we missed you here, but so glad you had a good day with your family. i love the necklace too!

    steph

    ReplyDelete