Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rollin, Rollin, Rollin

The above picture is of Amelia the moment before she rolled over. Yes, I was working. Yes, I was sad that I missed it. Yes, I was glad that G caught it on camera. She rolled over twice, so maybe I will catch one in the near future. Go Amelia!
She is loving her play mat lately. Just hanging out and watching her friends. Her skinny little six pound two ounce legs are hard to remember when I see those precious rolls.

So, this weekend was busy and wonderful. We headed off to Shell Knob, MO for our family reunion and Amelia was great on the drive. At one point I was sound asleep with my chin on her car seat and woke up drooling on her blanket. Wow...what a good mom. It was great to see everyone, and of course, great to show off my sweet girl. Ross golfed thirty-six holes of golf on Sunday. No comment.

The cabin we stayed in slept nineteen people, so my family all bunked in one place and I loved that. My mom kept Amelia with her and I got some great sleep. I would have gotten even better sleep, but Steph kept trying to get me to stay up and Meme told me that I was on vacation, so I tried to channel a night owl.

Hi to Kimmie and Lean--pictures of the reunion will follow. Amelia said she was so excited she got to meet you guys.

Uncle D found my camera, so he is the hero. Is it ridiculous that I had gotten myself excited about getting a new camera that we can't afford? And equally ridiculous that I was a tiny bit deflated when my perfectly great camera was found? Yes. Ridiculous.

Speaking of ridiculous, Frogman had a few moments of confusion. Amelia really wanted to be twinkies with him and he obliged. G said that he momentarily became Froggirl. I know one little lady that seems pretty happy with his transformation.
I'm tired. Hope your Tuesday was tubular.

3 comments:

  1. i'm so proud of Amelia for rolling over and being a big girl at the reunion! the picture of her and frog man(girl) is too precious. loveyou!

    -steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at Amelia advancing to be such a big girl. I love the picture of the transformed frog, it is so cute she is smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! I am just now seeing the matching bows on Amelia and frogman. LOL that is hilarious!! How did I miss that!!

    ReplyDelete