Friday, May 15, 2009

Be Gracious

I loved our sermon two weeks ago and I want to share the notes. It is actually more for myself than anyone, but you might glean something as well.

How can you know you are a person under grace?

1. You will tend to give a good first impression.
2. You will enjoy giving others another chance. (this one really hits home--Iam all too quick to write someone off for their stupidity or for betraying me, yet Jesus ENJOYED giving others a second chance, and a third, and a fourth...)
3. You will give someone respect in front of others. (telling someone how great they are in private is still great, but praising them in the company of others is even more gracious)
4. You will say the right things at the RIGHT time. Proverbs 25:11 "Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word spoken in the right circumstance." (I am the queen of saying what I want WHEN I want)
5. You will encourage the dreams of others. Hebrews 3:3
6. You will pass the credit on to others.
7. You might share a secret from your heart. (connect with others--don't hold back)
8. You will live by the spirit more and more.

It has just hit me lately that Amelia will look to me as a Godly example. She will look at my tone, my actions, my behaviors. I want to be in a different place Spiritually before that happens and there is no time like the present to make a change. To be more gracious.

Unfortunately my camera is still missing. I know...I will lose you all if there aren't pictures in the next post. Sigh. I've looked everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment