Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Jingle Bell Rock Tumbling Meet


 All of Amelia's gymnastic meet pictures have disappeared somehow.  I salvaged a few of these from my phone, boooo.  I will just have to recap. When we showed up, there were a TON of preschoolers in her division.  She got a little nervous because I hadn't prepared her for such a crowd.  Nor was I.  There were 42 three, four, and five year olds.  As all our family started arriving and she saw them, she calmed down.  She had a simple little routine to do that her class has been practicing and she was by far the best one.  NO, REALLY.  Haha.  I was so proud that I almost bawled through the entire thing.  Her little salute at the end was so cute.  Also, each child got a trophy and the look on her face as she stood on the first place podium was so precious.  She had no clue that everyone got a trophy and she was beyond thrilled.
Here is the only picture I have with her and some of her biggest fans. 

However, Ross, Elise, and I were there and Gammy and Gampy; Ing, Steph, and Liv; Meme and Pop; and Tom and Jen.  She had a huge crew there to watch her and definitely felt the love.  That sums our family up. Everyone driving up and giving up their whole afternoon to sit in a crowded and hot gym to watch my baby do a 40 second performance. 

After that we all went back to Jen's house to play and the day was unseasonably warm and the girls had a blast all running around and playing together. 







Fell asleep on the way home clutching that trophy!!

1 comment:

  1. She did great and it was a fun fun day for all!Loved how they all got to stand on the podium and get a trophy for their first meet!

    ReplyDelete