Thursday, January 31, 2013

Vacation Roundup

Ross finished off his vacation week with a flourish and I didn't blog much.  Just soaked it all in.  We filled up our family Patience Jar and were able to go to Incredible Pizza for a fun lunch treat.  I saw the idea on Integrity Parenting's Blog and the girls really responded well to it.  We picked patience as something we needed to work on and whenever I saw the girls being patient in a situation without being told, I put a cotton ball in the jar.  It took almost two months to fill it up, but what JOY the girls had (especially Amelia) when we reached our goal. 


Amelia has just now discovered the beauty of showing the food you are eating to others.  You are welcome. Note Elise's "ew gross" face.

Since we went at lunch, we had the place to ourselves pretty much and there wasn't a soul in the gameroom.  We had a blast playing games and wasting money, hehe.  Amelia chose a Tootsie Pop and Elise chose a sticky, suction cup ball.  Clearly one person made the better choice. 

During vacation we had Jared's birthday party and as usual, Jen gave the best party.  She had a taco bar set up that was magnificent.  I absolutely love that we all get together for every family birthday.  Makes me so happy. 

A great-grandma that gets down on the floor and plays like a young pup.

Tom working hard!

Beautiful Jenny

Sissies!


Oh how Amelia loves this Livvy Poodle

Elise kept proclaiming, "Oh I have MISSED my Pop."

Twin

Birthday boy hates pics, so I tried to take very few


Showing D how she can sound out a few words!
 
We had mostly low-key nights and played a lot of games.  Our current favorites are as follow:
Elefun
Hungry, Hungry Hippo
Zingo Bingo
Cootie (ugh, I only added this because Buzz likes it, haha)





3 comments:

  1. Love your patience jar idea! I think I'll make one to reward myself each time I'm patient with the girls, lol. Oh, and clearly the tootsie pop was the better choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun vacation!Jen did outdo herself on the food and fun!Love games and you didn't like Cootie when you were little either.lol Oh the hours at Breadeaux's we did spend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hungry Hippos are Elefun :)

    -Aunt Jessalyn

    ReplyDelete