Tuesday, January 15, 2013

2012- Oh What a Year

I know we are halfway into January, but I am wrapping up my posts for the end of 2012 so that they will all go in my book I print off for the girls (okay, mainly me for now).  This has been a fabulous year full of so much growth for everyone.  Ross is now comfortable doing deliveries by himself and has been in several high stress situations that he has come through with flying colors.  He is such a fabulous father and has continued to better his doctoring skills as well as improve his ability to balance his roles at home.  For the second year in a row, he scored the HIGHEST of all the residents on the national test they are required to take.  I have begun to get over the hours and unpredictability of his schedule and learn that it is what it is.  It has helped our relationship grow as I focus more on what I can do at home and with the girls and worry less about if he is on call or working.  The main thing that has helped me with this is seeing how the girls are fine with the schedule and as long as I smile and act like it is no big deal, they truly think it is NO BIG DEAL.  In the process, I have even convinced myself a few times :)

Of course the girls grow and change and flourish every single day.  We have had some nighttime struggles and Elise still has a LOT of room for growth in this area, but I am delighted to look back at the progress Amelia has made.  I have loved watching the relationship between Elise and Amelia develop and this year they have started playing together without me at times.  It is such a blast to crouch in the hall and listen to the dialogue and enjoy those moments before I have to break in and peace keep.  How thankful I am that I had another year at home to work on all that being a stay-at-home mother entails.  As I have watched several of my close friends that work outside the home struggle this year with stresses of juggling both, I feel even more blessed to have the opportunity that I do. 

2012 was definitely our year of much growth.  There were growing pains and cramps and stretching, but we settled into year three of residency without much fanfare and for that, I am so grateful.


2 comments:

  1. It has been interesting for all of US, seeing the growth you have had also Heather.
    Ross is so secure in his Dr. role,you in your role and the girls running the entire roles.LOL Good job by one and all !!!

    ReplyDelete