Saturday, December 3, 2011

Yep, She Said It

Amelia is huh-lar-ee-us. I love this age. Here are some memorable moments of late.

A: Let's play a game. It will be the opposite game.
M: Okay.
A: What's the opposite of hot?
M: Cold
(this goes on with some similar examples)
A: Okay, this one is hard.
M: I'm ready.
A: What is the opposite of sign?
M: Like street sign?
A: Yes.
M: Well honey, there isn't an opposite for sign. Not everything has an opposite.
A: You poor thing. It's NO SIGN.


This was her bedtime prayer.

A: And thank you for my mom's really long and big nose.

Whaaaaaat?

In Orange Leaf a mom and her teenage daughter walked in. Amelia is JUST as nosy as her Gammy and wants to talk about everyone.

A: Why is her daughter so big?
M: Well, she will always be her daughter no matter how old she gets.
A: I bet she is FIVE!!
M: She is way older than that sweetie. You will be my daughter when you are three and ten and twenty.
A: And I will still be your daughter when I am FIVE and when I have a daughter in my belly.



Picking her up from school.

A: Umm I was wild in music today and got a time out.
M: Oh no, why?
A: I don't know.
M: I guess I will have to call the music teacher and find out.
A: She won't know either. Sometimes I am just wild.

(turns out her one and only time-out was from uncontrollable dancing...lol)

She's thoughtful, rambunctious, hilarious, beautiful, loving, motherly, intelligent, opinionated and I love her.

5 comments:

  1. HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANYONE HEAR ANYTHING.HMMMMMMMMMMM OH YES, SHE IS HEATHER MADE OVER...EXACTLY THE SAME. TWO PEAS IN A POD..
    Already playing mamaw's scrabble game. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second mom for sure! Dad and I are dying laughing-and when I have a baby in my tummy-lol-she is my perfect first born grandbaby. Gam loves her sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, this made me laugh so hard. Kids come up with the funniest things. My favorite is the "you poor thing." I would have been rolling on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. funniest post EVER. She is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey you-with the big and long nose. Yeah you. I'm cracking up. I've read this a million time and I still laugh so hard everytime. Ages just too funny. These posts are some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete