Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Gimme Some Sugar

I love making sugar cookies. And, my little sugars had so much fun too! It is one of my favorite traditions to pass on and it didn't disappoint. Last year I tried to replicate Meme's famous dough (fail), but luckily this year she made it and it was perfect as usual. But first, there was some cousin playing and dancing.

Even Elise made a few cookies! She sat there like a big girl.

I just love seeing these pictures of Elise with Mom. She is crazy about her Gammy and it brings me so much joy to watch their relationship develop. And something else that brought me joy on this Christmas Eve eve was when Stephanie brought out this adorable apron for Ingrid. Precious.

She is the piglet of the group and tried to eat all the sprinkles and dough and flour. Haha. She wasn't a fan of the taste.
Amelia was VERY into it this year and definitely was into making cookies the longest, as the oldest decorator. Everyone took turns helping her and she even got to don Ingrid's apron, which she was dying to do. I remember everyone helping me just like it was yesterday. Now me's a big girl. Haha.


Then everyone got to open an early present or two. Amelia loved her "purse" books from Aunt Steph and DD. And Elise was excited about her new silky blanket like sissy's.


Something that was hilarious was the Steph and I both had each other the same thing: new fancy schmancy foot duvets and we both picked to give them for the early gift.
It was the perfect day. I would love to just relive all the laughs and good food and fun over and over. Next up, Christmas Eve.

2 comments:

  1. Love all these pics. That night was so fun. Wish I would have gotten a photo of us in our matching foot duvets! What a hoot we are. Lovey love love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sissy picture and all the memories that were made.Wish Leesey had felt that good the next night.

    ReplyDelete