Friday, December 2, 2011

Overboard, Overboard

My family always buys presents well outside their means. We just love to buy presents for each other. We always chant, "overboard, overboard," at Christmas and giggle when we know someone just spent enough to be paying on that gift for six months.

That's how I feel when I look at my life. I feel like chanting, "OVERBOARD," upward to the heavens. I don't know why I have all these blessings. I don't know why I was chosen to have these two adorable children. I am not sure why the Lord created Ross to put up with me and love me. I have no earthly idea how I was born to the two most loving and generous parents that continue to parent me daily--into my thirties. In a world of brokenness, I do not get the precious wholeness and closeness of my family. I have no clue why I have a network of friends who are true and genuine and faithful prayer partners.

But, I do know this. These things are tangible evidence of God's existence, power, and love. Now, if they were taken away, he would still exist and would still have ultimate power and would still love unconditionally. However, it is up to me to make the most of all this love I have while I have it. And what a fabulous reminder our Thanksgiving celebration was.







This IS a picture of love, I promise. Amelia takes her sisterly duties very seriously and was trying her best to wrangle Elise in a loving way. But, Leeser is a beast that isn't easily tamed.


After we went back to Mom and Dads, DD relaxed with a hairstyle by a naked beautician. Perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Dying from laughter at the naked beautician! Need the picture of me and my girls immediately,please!You are a writer and we are blessed! Amelia watching Aunt Jen with turkey cake is so presh! Meme and Lesey weesey presh-all presh lovey lovey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elise's larger-than-life smile gets me every time. She is just a doll. The naked beautician is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could never get that day totally documented,LOL So many funny and sweet things took place that day with our wild,wooly and wonderful bunch.

    ReplyDelete