Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Ross would have three, count 'em, three weeks of NIGHTS during this festive and wonderful time. Two weeks down and round three starting soon. I definitely felt that Satan was trying to get me down with two visits to the emergency room during one of those weeks. Yes, Amelia went to the ER twice with intense stomach pains that lasted up to an hour each time. I wanted to make sure to document it in case it ever happens again. She screamed in fear of going to the bathroom and doubled over on the ground rolling around trying to relieve the pain. This was a five day ordeal with an X-ray and two rounds of blood work and a very patient doctor.

We gave her a stool softener and some gas drops and it all seemed to work itself out thankfully. I spent many nights wide awake just waiting for another attack. Then, I wouldn't even feel tired the next morning on edge waiting for her to bend over in pain. Whew. Scary. Never knew what it would do to me as a mother to see my child hurting. No one can explain that to you. There was a very real time period when we thought she had appendicitis and I was trying to prepare myself for her having surgery, just in case. Shudder. Some of it might have had to do with worry. She made several comments about not liking her dad being on nights (because of my thoughtless comments about dreading nights, etc.) and would really act out during bedtime without him there. I am going to be nothing but positive about it next round.

Jessalyn and Greg, Mom, and Barbara all were a very big help during that scary week and I am so thankful we have family close enough to help. Barbara drove up at midnight one night!!

Dr. Hahn gave Amelia a bravery certificate after one very painful blood draw (three entire vials!) and the certificate was for Incredible Pizza. She was so excited to go and since Ross was on nights and got some sleep up at the hospital, a perk was that he got to meet us for lunch!

Here she is ballin'...


Ross NEVER wins anything out of the claw machine and he won TWO Christmas things. She was beyond excited. I actually jumped up and down, ha.

Elise Mae ate an entire piece of pizza and was so good the whole time we were there.


Such a fun time we had that day. It had been a hard week of very little sleep and a lot of prayer. So thankful for her energetic and healthy self :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness what a scary week! A fun reward for being brave though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes scary,let us only pray that this week of nights is nothing like that one-glad you are ready to be positive.Let us also add that Miss Liv came during all this.Love the pictures of the fun day with family-nothing can compare to those fun times with sweet daughters,believe me I know! Love you adorable girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. All that mess was awful. So glad it's over and amelia is back to herself! Looks like an incredible time at incredible pizza. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lets hope all that mess is in the past. Next week much better, counting on it. Good pictures of the fun time.

    ReplyDelete