Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Moms And Muffins and More

Amelia had a special day at school Monday and I got to go have a muffin with her and do a craft and listen to her sing a song! It was so exciting--for both of us.




We picked chocolate chip muffins and they were so yummy. Then I played with her and her friends and it was so nice to see her happy. Then the kids sang a song to the moms and Amelia was a ham doing all the motions and singing.

Here she is with her friends Kinley and Evangeline. Precious.
Amelia has been having a hard time at school the last few times. Like hard, as in we have been thinking about pulling her out, hard. Crying off and on all day. It all started with a new boy in her class and I won't get into all the details but she is very scared of him and bothered by his fits. She moved classes and has a new teacher, but is still having a hard time. This really sent her backwards in terms of progression with being away from me and it is such a shame because she was loving the first few days so much. However, we are pressing on for now because she had an improved day on Monday. We are sticking it out for September and will then re-evaluate. Love my sweet girl and hate seeing her sad. Thankful our morning together was fun.

Tuesday we went to the Discovery Center Museum and I was so looking forward to it because Amelia loved it so much the last time we went. Remember this post? Well, she was a whole year older and loved everything even more this time. Here she is loving the air tunnel, "grocery store," launch pad, and magnet table.

WAY into it all. They had a big box with bees in it and then a tunnel outside for the bees to go collect nectar and come back in to make honey. Even I was WAY into watching that. It was so cool. I think Ross would have stood there for hours trying to find the queen. How I wish I had a video of him in the science museum. Classic.

And, Elise had a great time too. Her favorite was the Lego house by far.


It has been so nice having Ross home! I love vacation for hubs. Especially one who works all the time :)

5 comments:

  1. Seeing the three little girls sitting there together is so sweet! I am so glad she had a fabulous day at school today!That lego picture of my Leesey is too sweet!Obviously Amelia and Ross enjoyed every minute.Sounds like a great place. I love hubby vacations too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved looking back at the discovery center post from a year ago! Amazing how much difference a year makes. Looks like the whole family had a blast. Still can't wait to go there.

    I'm dying over the outfit she wore to Muffins for Moms!! I love it! I'm more than happy that she's had a good week at school and is improving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah for vacations with husband/dad! glad to see Elises smiling face in this post, but sad to read about Amelia's hard few days at school, praying it totally improves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stinks about Amelia's rough days at school. I will pray it gets better for her. All the pictures are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love getting to be in on it all through the blog. Darling..You look very pretty Heather.

    ReplyDelete