Monday, September 26, 2011

Gee Whiz

It's been seven days since I posted. Elise has been sick. Very sick. I don't know where to start other than by saying she is better now!! Thanks for the prayers, texts, and calls. I think I will just bullet list some things before moving on.
1. Went to (new) doctor on Wed and said allergies or virus. She had no fever at this point.
2. Got 102-103 fever that very night.
3. Still very high fever for two straight days and went to urgent care Friday night when we could not get fever down.
4. Double ear infection diagnosed and 104 fever that night.

Okay, I will skip the emotion and stress of holding a burning hot baby and wanting to just cry and cry for her, but trying not to scare Amelia. After we left urgent care, I was livid the whole way home because the doctor on Wednesday MISSED the ear infection and could have saved my baby two days of extreme pain and high fever. However here is the amazing part. The fever of 104 just would not go down. Advil and Tylenol were having little effect. I called my family to pray specifically for it to go down and it went to 100.4 without any medicine in a matter of 30 minutes. Such a miracle!

She went through a scary phase the next 30 hours of not drinking or eating anything and we were afraid she was going to get dehydrated. Again, more prayers! The girl is on the mend and we are so thankful. What a wonderful think good health is.
--------------------------
Mom came up Thursday so that we could go to Pa's birthday party celebration in Branson. Thankfully Elise loves my Mom so much that she went right to her- even feeling so sick. We couldn't miss Pa's party and Gammy rushed up to bail us out. (again, again). Amelia had a blast at the party!

And, Amelia got to stick with our plan of going to her first fair Saturday, just without Mommy, Elise, and Daddy (on call). She never missed a beat and loved every ride and every second of the fair. Thanks to Gammy and Gampy for taking her and letting her have a wonderful weekend. Cotton candy, elephant ride, animals, giant slide, games, prizes--she hasn't stopped talking about it.
I was so sad that I wasn't with her, but Dad was awesome in sending me tons of picture updates.
She even went to Sunday School at their church! Talk about a shock. No tears, just went right in to a new class, new teacher, and new kids. Bizarre.


While I am in the Amelia section, let me just say how wonderful she was while Elise was so sick. She knew Elise needed to be held 24/7 and was patient and understanding and kept praying for Elise and telling her how sorry she was. It was so precious. Thanks to Jessalyn for coming over to play with Amelia for some fun time one of those days.

And just a precious picture--here she is when we checked on her with her new dog she won at the fair covered up beside her. And yes, she sleeps BESIDE her bed on a COUCH. Whatever works, right? Oh, and I know, I know...the paci.....
--------

Amelia went to school today and is seemingly back to normal without a hitch. Her teacher said she is definitely "coming out of her shell" and she didn't get sad or cry today at all. Whew. Here she is giving her "shy" face while we were sitting in car line this morning.

After school we surprised Amelia by having Ross in the car. He had the afternoon off and that never happens. Then we had Orange Leaf. YUMMMM. Okay, I feel semi caught up.

5 comments:

  1. Perfect blog for a very difficult week at Ozark. Just glad that week is over. Hoping for well babies for awhile.
    There are always those times that make you smile and praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made my heart so sad and then so glad to read Elise is getting better! I will pray for her. And for you! Glad you have help and Amelia was so understanding. I love reading the things Amelia says and does :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Elise is feeling better. That is so hard on everyone. Amelia is cracking me up sleeping beside her bed. She's asleep though, that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee Whiz is right. What a rough few days you had with your poor sick baby Elise. So glad she is on the mend. Amelia seemed like she loved the fair so much and I cannot believe she went to Sunday School at our church! That was amazing. :D So proud of her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a blast with our one more minute girl! She did so well to go to a new Sunday School!:)Love the dog covered up picture!!!!!Glad Daryl had fun and Bee of course.

    ReplyDelete