Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September is a Swingin'

This has been a month of so many fun things! For Ross's birthday, he wanted to take Amelia to Silver Dollar City. I was dragging my heels all summer because I thought she would be scared of everything and not have much fun, but he wanted to try it. Thankfully Barbara found us free tickets and so we granted his wish. Aaron, Rebecca, and Caleb came up to go with us also. It was the first day of their Fall Fest and everything was decorated all cute and gloriously fall.

I really don't know where to start. She loved the elephant ride, the swinging bridge, the tunnel slide, the rope walk, the frog ride, the swings (which went WAY too fast for a kiddie ride), and the merry-go-round. And I do mean LOVE. She was enamored with the rides and I walked around with my mouth wide open in disbelief much of the day. It was so exciting. I couldn't believe it. My little cautious blonde was just as brave as can be.


She loved the ladybugs (which she had to ride alone and still didn't care), the train (she even stole the show and gave the train robbers a graham cracker), the frozen lemonade, the toy store, the water ball, and the wiffle ball game (where she won a pig that she promptly named Piggy Pig). She loved the square dance-off and even went out on the floor and started dancing, lol.



I'm telling you she was perfect. Totally wonderful all day. We let her skip nap and stay until five. And I'm still questioning this decision. I don't recommend taking a two year old to SDC from 9-5. Even though she was an angel, when we left, she melted down. And she continued to melt down the rest of the evening. We just couldn't bear to make her go home at 1:00, which was our original plan. We should have, but we didn't. She went to bed very early and was asleep in one minute. Then, the fun continued and we went out to eat with Aaron and Reb while Mom and Dad watched Elise, Caleb, and Amelia. A big thanks for this and to Mom and Dad for watching Elise all day too.

Dinner at Houlihans was long and delish and fun and then we went to Hebrews coffee for more laughing. A fabulously long day. Here I am with the birthday boy. The big 28! Oh, and I was cold so my knees are curled up in the booth--those aren't giant boobs.


Yippeee for our wonderful weekend. And Ross is on vacation this week, so the fun has continued :)

5 comments:

  1. YIPEEEEEEEEEEEE FOR THE TOTALLY FUN WEEKEND...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics from.sdc! Love that she loved it and wanted to try everything. Awesome shot of u and ross at the end. You two don't look a day over twenty! Frame worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Amelia! Glad she enjoyed sdc. Cute picture of you and Ross at dinner. Tell him Happy Birthday from Paul and I.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like tons of fun-tons!That is what I like,well maybe only til 3 next time-lol but with a fun day like that who wants to end it,Love the great photos and cute ending with you two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a Houlihans!!! I am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete