Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Ross!

Happy Birthday to my hard-working, humble, polite, caring, and intelligent husband. We love you so much my sweet man :) Birthday pics to come later.
-------------------

It's been awhile. Ross has been in Mtn. Home for two solid weeks. He has loved this away rotation and has been working in a wonderful clinic. For that, I am grateful. I am also grateful the girls were so good all week, but man was I tired. By Friday, I was pacing around looking at the clock. I was ready to see him and ready for some HELP. He got the whole Labor Day Weekend off and we were so excited!!

We started off the weekend with a trip to the Nature Center. Elise and Amelia were good on the trail, but Amelia was really wanting to get inside and see the fish and other exhibits.



On Sunday after church, Steph and Derek and Ing came up for a cookout and to spend the night. Ross grilled corn and burgers and it was delish. They were a little delayed because Derek had a bike wreck that morning. He was such a trooper still coming and keeping all of our plans. He never complained the entire weekend. Amelia was a little distraught that DD was all bandaged up and she has prayed for him every day since they were here. Steph will do a detailed post I am sure--she even has disgusting pictures of his injuries. We are just so thankful that the injuries were not more severe; he was very lucky. The girls got right to playing.

Ross put up another swing under the deck and the girls had a blast swinging and loving the cooler temperatures. Amelia was so proud of herself for being in charge of pushing BOTH little ones.

The next morning we headed to the zoo for Ingrid's very first zoo trip. It was such a great day. The weather was perfect and so were the girls. We took our time and strolled about enjoying each other's company and seeing all the animals. Ingrid's favorites were definitely the cats (i.e. tiger, mountain lion). She meowed the whole time and I got so tickled. Amelia's favorites were apparently everything because she definitely got upset when it was time to leave. Elise didn't really care as long as she didn't have to be in her stroller.

Amelia missed Ross so much while he was gone and was quite the Daddy's girl this day. I loved seeing that. I also love how Amelia says "ephalant." Love it.
Then we went for a late lunch at Houlihan's. I was leery because all the girls were tired, but they were great once again. Our waitress was awesome and the food was incredible. I just love their Parmesan fries. Yum.


Then it was home for the Henderson's and naps for the Halsted's. A most perfect weekend before Ross headed out for Mtn. Home again.

3 comments:

  1. It was so, so, so fun! I wish I was at the zoo again this very moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO GLAD ALL HAD FUN! Hard to pick my favorite pic out of these,so any cute ones with sweet smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the cousins !!! We love the swing picture and the last one.The one of Ing and Elise is so funny,they are really into the toys...SO CUTE.
    Yes Heather, we like them all really. LOL

    ReplyDelete