Sunday, September 4, 2011

Still on the Farm

Well, we aren't still at the farm, but my posts are.

Before I get to the creek pictures, Barbara took these of Elise playing with a baby and this big perma-smile is one of my very favorite things about my littlest girl.
On to Amelia's highlight---We made the walk down to the creek and we've made the walk many times.

It had gotten hot by this point, so when we got there, I told Amelia she could put her feet in. Let me say that I am NOT a creek girl. Ugh. Give me a pool please and thanks. But, we were embracing all things farm on this day and as she was walking around she was trying hard not to get water on her.


I told her that I had packed another outfit for her if she got a little wet. This is what she did...

Pa was just the slightest bit tickled...

So, I just went with it and she had the best time. I was still leery, but kicked my shoes off and got in with her a little. Elise decided to just plop down as well.


Then we saw a snake and I was done. Dried off. Elise dried off. Clothes changed. And disgusted. However, Amelia kept looking for the snake and wanted to see it up close. Whaaa? Thankfully it was nap time very soon after and the creek adventure was over.
Ugh. I still shudder to think of that snake swimming by. A few more pictures so that you don't have a slithering, swimming, sneaky snake in your mind.


7 comments:

  1. Love that she just layed down in the water. So cute. Elise's squinty-eyed smile is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for embracing all things farm! Love the picture of Amelia laying down in the water! And elise's mega smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh me oh my oh me oh my so glad they loved it all-adorable pics with Pa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creek fun !!!! You did great letting them do what is fun at the creek,getting in the water....Look at those SMILES !!!!
    I have had river times with the boys I thought would never happen to me. You do what you have to do. LOL Jared still picks going to the Buffalo to catch crawdads.
    Such cute pictures of all the events at G and Pa's...Bet they are ready for a return trip..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonder who was happier, the girls or G and Pa...Such a good visit for you all !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all these pics. Especially Elise's huge smile, Pa's huge smile, and Amelia with her walking stick and undies. Good times on the farm!

    ReplyDelete