Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Praise

I have been putting off doing this blog, but it is necessary.

Monday I was lying on a table showing the radiologist technician where the lumps in my breast were located so that she could ultrasound them. It was harrowing, scary, and I just kept trying to remember, "Be still and know that I am God."

Last week, as I waited for my doctor to look at the lumps and then waited for the ultrasound appointment she suggested, and waited for the results, I worried. And prayed. And worried.

Then, on Sunday,the day before my test, a perfect word was delivered through our sermon. "Repent of your unbelieving spirit." I just burst into tears in the middle of the sermon. He went on to say that we often repent our laziness or our bitter tongue or our behavior, but we often overlook our unbelief. Oh how true that was for me in that moment.

Thank you Mom for spending the night with me on Sunday and thank you Meme for watching Ingrid so that she could. I needed my mom :)

Ross wasn't allowed in the second waiting room with me and I thought that I was going to lose it. However, my friends sent me texts of prayer and love and I honestly felt those prayers. I was still nervous and anxious, but I knew I was being prayed for. And I realized at that very moment how important it is to truly pray for those that you say you will. Thank you.

My appointment could have turned out any number of ways. But, the results were clear tissue, with no note of any irregularities. I was overjoyed and overwhelmed at the same time. Some women at the clinic did not leave with that news. They learned that they were beginning a 'battle. And so, I prayed for them and their strength, and I marveled at another blessing that I had been given. I ran to Ross in the hall and as I clung to him, the tears fell. We left hand in hand and I made vow after vow in my head. I am in the process of writing them down so that I can truly change from this.

As we walked out of the building, I thought of another line from that poignant Sunday sermon. "God doesn't show up in your life just to wow you, he shows up to woo you." I'm in. I'm ready. I'm wooed.

And so, the post has been written. It is quite silly that I wanted to put it off actually. As my dear friend of over twenty years texted me after she got the news, "Now we must raise our voices in glory to our King for such great news and answered prayers."

That is exactly what I'm doing.

8 comments:

  1. This post made me tear up...We too have seen God work miracles for us recently. I am so thankful for your good news and answered prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have cried a little reading this. So so glad everything is ok. And why oh why was Ross not allowed to go with you? That is too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prime example of grace & strength = what you are. Thanks for sharing, tears flowed reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great news; you are blessed.
    And You are also a talented writer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lord is there for us,good or bad results and that is how we get through it all in life.
    You are very welcome,Ingrid and I had a great day. Everyone was where they should have been.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a blessing. I'm so glad that everything turned out great, I had no idea you were going through this but I'm so happy that everything is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankful for good reports! Thankful for prayers of family and friends.Remembering Rita who is fighting the battle with the Lord's help and our prayers!Thankful my first born is just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh--thanks for making me cry. So glad everything turned out great (knew it would!!) And I'm so glad you are using this experience in such a positive way. I love you and look up to you. Always have, always will!!!!

    ReplyDelete