Friday, April 29, 2011

Hilarity


I have to document some of Amelia's latest..um one liners.

I will say some prayers over her and then ask her if she has anything she would like to thank Jesus for. Here are some unprompted ones of late: "Thank you for Ingrid getting a tooth," "Thank you for my new green bathing suit," "Thank you for DD playing with me," "Thank you for Pop bringing me fish." [Pop brought her a fish in a bucket up from the pond to look at and she has thanked Jesus for that three nights in a row...]

We went to Walgreens for a few things and I had a horrible bathroom attack. We spent a bit of time in gray bathroom stall number one and then returned to our shopping. Amelia loves browsing in a store and is usually great about putting things back and looking at other items. We got home and she was telling Ross about what all we saw and said, "Oh, and Mom pooped in Walgreens too." Thanks.

She loves to say actually and draws it out and adds it to most of her sentences. If I ask her to do something she loves to reply with, "Ackshhually, I was going to do something else." Another one of her favorite things is to create a scenario and then say, "Is that a good idea?" My favorite is when she says something insane like, "I want five cookies for supper," and then cocks her head and smirks while adding, "Is that a good idea?"

Amelia does imaginative play very well. She constantly wants to pretend we are someone or something else and she is furious when I say, "Ok, I am just Mommy again now." The last few days we have all been the Hahn family--where does she get this stuff? Amelia is Asher and Elise is Micah. I am Emily and Ross is Shelby. Ross is terrible at this game and Amelia is constantly exasperated that he can't remember her name is Asher. I am dying laughing just thinking about her telling him, "NO DAD, ME IS ASHER." Also, when she gets in trouble during those time periods she wills say, "Amelia no do that, but Asher can."

One last one. The lady across the street was mowing and Amelia says, "Oh my word, that's funny. A girl is MOWING."

-----------------------

Speaking of yesterday, we had Big Sister Day. Mom and Dad came and took Elise for the day and night and I got Amelia the whole day and evening for lots of fun one on one time. (Ross is on call). I will put pictures up later of all we did. So much fun :)

6 comments:

  1. Are u kidding me???? You hardly scratched the surface on her sayings..RIOT...
    Know you have both missed Elise, she was being perfect for Gam and Gramp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah, what a great imagination. I love that she makes a new family for you all to be. That is so hilarious! I hope I get to meet this stinker one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. tell Amelia, I think 5 cookies for dinner is, ACTUALLY, a brilliant idea! :0) Keep those great ideas coming, sweet one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i never wanted this post to end. SO FUNNY. i love the things amelia says. crack me up. this is killer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amelia is hilarious. I love her one-liners. Bentley prays for his booboos to get better every night. He always has at least one so it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amelia comes up with very comical things just as her mother did and still does.LOL I love the Easter dress pictures too.We had so much fun with Elise and she was a good girl.

    ReplyDelete