Friday, April 29, 2011

Four Month Rundown


Elise is four months old today. I feel like she's always been here and we are adjusting to have two nicely. It is fun and different every day. Here's what she's up to:

She had rice cereal for the first time and did very well. A satisfactory mess.

Exersaucer time! She did great in here while I cooked supper and was playing with the toys already.

Not sleeping. Seriously. I won't bore you as I did with the play by play on how Amelia wouldn't sleep, but let me just say it is ridiculous. As in two hours at a time MAX. Moving on.

She is a big smiler and is super ticklish on her sides. Her laugh is a squealy giggle and I love it. Elise loves to watch Amelia and follow her around the room with her eyes. She hates to be left alone and cracks up every time I do pat-a-cake. She nurses like a champ, but has a little trouble switching to the bottle. I don't get to read to her as much as I would like because someone kindly steps in and always says, "Me do it."

I love this little bundle of joy with all my being. Such a sweetheart. Can't wait to see what she weighs, but can definitely wait for those dreadful shots. Look at those cheeks.
Elise loves being in the Moby, which is how I carry her if we are out, and usually falls asleep in the car. She does scream uncontrollably once in her seat, but it doesn't ever last that long. I am far more laid back with her than I was with Amelia and that is miraculous in itself. I have to let her cry a little sometimes in order to help Amelia or get something done. So, I now probably fall in the uptight mom to borderline-normal category. Okay, maybe not normal, that was lofty, but I have calmed a tad and no longer consider myself in the psycho first time mom category. If you feel I am still there, please refrain from telling me, as it might damage my progress.

Elise, what a joyful addition you have been to our family with your huge smiles and snuggly personality. Momma loves you so much and I adore how you have found your place just as if you have always been with us. Kisses to you my sweet baby, and Happy Four Months.

4 comments:

  1. I say happy 4th also to our special girl. What a good blog on Elise and great snaps.
    And by the way, you are much more laid back this go around. Good job on that. So many laughs for us, hearing her crack up,such fun!! She is a good girl and has a protective Sissy by her side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a good sweet girl,minus the sleep issues.She is doing so good sitting in all her things.What a cutie pie in her frilly pink Easter dress!Love you little four month old girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Heather! Love the progress :)
    Beautiful girls! Sweet times. Happy family.
    I think Gammy is really into that feeding...
    Who needs sleep? It's way over rated!! ha
    Garrett & Sheree' can sure relate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4 months little Leesy Poo! Great post. She is the sweetest girl in the world. Her smile and laugh are infectious. Love the picture of Amelia reading to her. And the one in the Easter dress. She looked like a tiny little princess.

    ReplyDelete