Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Au Naturel

Springfield has a free Nature Center that I have been wanting to take Amelia to and today was the perfect day. We loaded up and met Aunt Jen (hooray for her having Wednesdays off). Amelia was beside herself with excitement, which is one of my favorite things about her personality--her exuberant excitement over absolutely everything. (Mind you, this is coupled with extreme emotion of the opposite spectrum--courtesy of her mommy's DNA).

The following are: Amelia busting a move in the middle of the Nature Center, Amelia looking at some antlers, and Jen cracking up over how into snakes Amelia is. She stayed glued to the glass saying, "Hey Snake."
Elise wasn't interested in any of that but she sure loved flashing smiles at people walking by.
After looking at everything inside--and there was a TON of neat, informative stuff, we headed out to the trail. Amelia walked the whole thing! We couldn't believe it. Elise fell asleep on her own with no fussing. We couldn't believe it. Ha. What a successful trip.

The following: Amelia pointing out a whole made by an animal in the tree trunk, and walking on a log with Aunt Jen.


It was a fabulous day just enjoying God's creation. The workers were so friendly and Amelia got a hummingbird sticker from one of them and she keeps patting it and smiling.

Then, going against everything in my being, I took both children to McDonalds. Amelia asked so sweetly and had been so good and minded so well. I told her I wasn't sure where McDonalds was and she was quiet for a minute and I thought I had deterred her. However, she piped up with, "Call Gammy. She ALWAYS knows where McDonalds is." So, we went. I sat in the van and nursed Elise before we went inside and Amelia back and forth saying, "This is so fun." Then, we got out and Amelia yelled, "No one sees my mom's boobs." Which is what my reasoning was to her for nursing in the van. Anyway, we made it. The workers there were great also and helped me with my tray and with my ketchup. They also made a free ice cream cone for Amelia.

Elise was sick of the whole thing and so I let Amelia finish her ice cream in the car. Someone must have taken over my body. You know what? She did fine. Minimal clean up.

And then, we got home, and this....Bliss.

Until Ross called and informed me he will be home after eight. Fun ruiner.

Honestly, great day with my morning/afternoon with my girls. Amelia slept a whopping hour and a half and said, "LONG nap." That girl...

4 comments:

  1. boy that Amelia has some dandy lines....loooove them! Cuuute pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics and what a good one to go with you because Jen knows the nature center for sure.Looks like a wonderful day.YES,Amelia Claire and I have been to McDonalds quite a few times.LOL We both love it.Aren't they so nice at Ozark/Nixa's McDonalds? Elise is smiling so big-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you had the day at the Nature Center with Jenn. Fun time for all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The puzzle is a Melissa and Doug Floor Puzzle...they're usually only $8-$10 new, and totally worth it!! Our TJ Maxx store usually has some, or Amazon of course! The nature center looks like lots of fun! Yours girls are so precious!

    ReplyDelete