Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Wuurk"

I went to work last week. Teachers that want to keep their certification have to get 60 hours of inservice and I got 30 of mine last week at Bergman. Thankfully, the school let me come to all the meetings and Mom kept Amelia (and Ingrid). It was actually fun to get dressed up each morning and although the meetings were not exhilarating, I enjoyed the conversation with colleagues that I have missed. Amelia also enjoyed me going to "wuuurk" as she called it and clung to her Gammy yelling bye to me out the door. She was traumatized, you see. Ha.

Aaron and Rebecca came up to see us and we were thrilled since time off is precious to a resident (or anyone for that matter). Amelia immediately remembered them and was ready to play. Aaron was her favorite, as most men are, and she started ordering him to her room right when he got here. Note her hand on his arm--quite possessive.



All four of us got to go out to dinner and Mom and Dad came to watch Amelia. It was so fun to be out together again and we were just missing Adam and Joanna. It was truly a delightful weekend and they were our first spend the night guests!
We can't wait to go to their house in October to meet their new baby--so fun. Reb and I with our belly shot.

While in Bergman, little Maelea made her first Arkansas appearance and I was so glad that I got to see her. She is just adorable--and I mean adorable. I had seen a million pictures of her, but she was even more gorgeous in person.


Mary Beth and Steph have been best friends for over twenty years and their babies were born less than a week apart. Too cool!

Here is Amelia, not to be outdone by the baby cuteness, showing out for Stacey.

Amelia was fully doted on last week and she ate every minute of it up. I am so thankful that my family shows her so much love and attention. Makes me happy.

It was a busy week and my beautiful Mom dominated the laundry, feedings, bathtime, playing, book reading and just let me rest and watch Amelia play. Thanks for all you do Mom! And Gampy, you are the MOST fun player according to Amelia Claire and she really hopes to see you lay-ler.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Busy busy- sounds like great fun. Lots of sweet sweet babies. It is so neat that Steph and Marybeth had their babies so close together. Your lil bumb is so cute. Love your dress! Love you all.

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat post,neat pictures, neat week. Loved being with the babies each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had a good week at home and that you posted pics so I can feel a little like I didn't miss everything :) . I am also glad that Amelia didn't forget about her Springfield friends. And from his reaction today Asher obviously didnt forget her. He loves that girl! Me too!

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for sweet babies,old friends,and toddlers!Yeah for wonderful times together! Yeah for Aaron and Rebecca's visit! Yeah for Mr Pruitt being so nice!Yeah for Springfield friends!Yeah for being a Gammy and Gampy-we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inservice was much less painful knowing I got to see you and Amelia every morning and every afternoon. Ingrid had so much fun with her cousin every day. She told me so herself! And we had a blast on our first shopping trip up in Springfield! Hooray for a fun week. Loveyou.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. forgot to comment on all the aaron and rebecca pics! i love them. especially your belly shot. so cute. can't wait for aaron and rebecca to have theirs. i hope it has beautiful red hair like her. so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, it is neat seeing pictures of my baby on someone else's blog! Wow, Steph and I HAVE been friends for over 20 years......I've never thought of it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaww Rebecca's pregnant. That is awesome!! Good for them!! Ingrid is beautiful. Amelia is brilliant - so many precious little words. :)

    You look amazing. Just a precious little bump. I love that Amelia knew you were at work. Too adorable!! Oh and LOVE the pigtails.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Heather. Your blog is excellent!! Loved the pictures from the weekend. We had such a great time seeing you guys. Thanks for all the wonderful hospitality! -Rebecca

    ReplyDelete