Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Breath of Fresh Air

It was gorgeous this morning! Our driveway is shaded and we decided to have a painting session in the breeze. Amelia loves to paint and do all things crafty, which cracks me up because Ross nor I have a crafty bone in our body. She always asks to "daw" and her favorite thing to draw is hands down a snake. We stayed outside two and a half hours and it is amazing what some fresh air can do for the soul.


I am trying to encourage her to understand the difference in a paintbrush (no paint on hands) and no paintbrush (okay to get paint on hands). It is confusing to her a bit, but we managed to have a successful paintbrush and finger painting session. Her eyes sparkle when I get the paint out. She wrinkles up that nose and smiles with pride when I clap and tell her that her picture is beautiful. My heart melts and my eyes well up a little and the process repeats. I am so elated with motherhood. (as a whole...you know...lol)

Snack time outside too? Wow Mom, best day ever.
She wanted a drink out of a big girl cup ALL by herself...
Oops....


I accepted my friend Jaimi's challenge to do my daily devotional before I blog because quiet time with the Lord is the thing that most often gets shoved to the last item of the day (and then we all know we are too tired). Thanks Jaimi for that challenge--today was my first day and it will hopefully become less and less of a challenge. I found a verse that really sums up how I have been feeling lately about feeling burdened for people and sometimes not knowing exactly what to pray.

from Romans 8--The Message
"If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans."

6 comments:

  1. The picture of her in her apron holding up her masterpiece is fabulous, seriously. She looks so adorable and the paint on her face is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is looking so grown up. I absolutely love the picture of her holding up her painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word,my favorite too.She just looks proud!You do great with crafty! Excellent verse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! I want to join in. I can't wait until Ing can do crafty things with her cousin. :) Love the pics. So precious I can hardly stand it.

    Oh--and good choice on the etsy purchases. Can't remember if I told you or not...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amelia is paint precious. I love that the weather is getting a bit cooler so it's not unbearable to be out for more than 5 minutes. Thanks for taking the challenge with me! Wonderful verse.

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girly Girl is the artist. All that love for crafts comes from her Aunt Stephy.

    Very neat idea using the wall for the finger painting,hmmmmm or hand painting. lol

    ReplyDelete