Thursday, August 26, 2010

Three O'Clock

So, it is obvious that I have been having a hard time with Ross's hours of late and hating when he gets home after supper. Mind you, Ross and Amelia have been doing just fine with his hours and making the most of their time together. Typical. Ha. Anyway, on Tuesday I got a big surprise and Ross got home at THREE in the afternoon. I almost fainted. We whisked off to the zoo for an hour or so and Amelia was most impressed with the goats and the donkey. No pics with the donkey because I feared he would bite off her hand while I was photographing.



Another favorite of hers this time, oddly enough, was the hippo. She kept saying hippo and clapping even though he is really far away and did nothing spectacular. This picture is for you Memer, as I know you love him. A really fun family day in the middle of the week. Yeah.



Then on Wednesday we met Mom, Steph, and Ingrid in Branson for some shopping. I knew it would be a disaster, but I met them anyway ha. To my surprise, Amelia did wonderful for the outing. I tried my new reward strategy. She stays in her stroller for 2-3 stores and then gets to get out and walk on the way to the next one. She was very receptive to the idea and understood that she had to stay in and get pushed around in order to get to walk. Whew. The FIRST time we have had a good shopping trip :) She got some precious new fall clothes!! Great sales in Branson right now. Ingrid was a champ of course. That kid is a shopper to say the least haha. I wish I had taken a picture of her adorable outfit.

We came home for a nap and then G and Pa came up for the evening after supper. Amelia was delighted and kept saying G and Pa over and over. G brought some new bubbles and some new silver shoes along with a few other goodies. It was a great way to end the day.
The weather has been gorgeous. I have been reminded that each day I can choose the joy of the Lord or reject it. My daughter is the light of my life and my husband is a very hard worker. Each member of my family pours love onto Ross, Amelia, and I. The less I sweat, the mushier I get :)

7 comments:

  1. Yeah for fun days! Zoo was such a good little surprise with Ross going too.Yes, you are extremely blessed even when there are long hours by your hubby. Super shopping day and what fun for G and Pa to come. Love that smile by Mr Goat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love when they come home early! I'm so glad you guys were able to advantage of that and the beautiful weather and go to the zoo. Look at Amelia, just when you expect her to have a bad shopping experience, she is an angel. Kids...they always make a liar out of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove the goat pics. I'm sure Ross's hours are pretty darn crappy, but when he gets to do his own thing, your family will be rewarded big time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how excited she is about the goat. Isn't it wonderful when they get old enough to reason with. Makes life a little easier (at least when they cooperate with the reasoning).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr hippo probably gets very few pictures made,so glad girly girl loves him also.
    All fun times !!!
    Good thing Ingrid is a shopper, she will do a lot of it with her mom and dad.lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re paci: When Bentley was 1 day old I asked when he could have a paci cause I was getting sore. They said a couple weeks so I gave him one right then and he is still attached. I tried giving Chance one since day 1 but he acts like it's gagging him. He doesn't use me as a paci so I'm ok that he won't take it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for the precious goat! I love it so much. Wish I was there with your guys on that trip to the zoo. I had a blast shopping in Branson. So much fun and so many good finds. :)

    ReplyDelete