Saturday, August 21, 2010

Call Weekend

What a weekend. Ross was on call and worked from 7 Friday morning until 2:30 Saturday afternoon with no sleep. He came home, took Advil, slept 15 hours, and got up for a repeat on Sunday. I had no help, little sleep, and was starting to get Amelia's runny nose, cough, etc. I strongly dislike call weekends. Strongly.

In the evening hours of Saturday morning, I was weary and weepy. Tired. Wanted help. Needed a break from a 24/7 job. I have never heard God speak in an audible voice. But, as my thoughts went on a rampage, I heard what he wanted me to--loud and clear.
----------
I am so tired and wish someone was here to play with Amelia these last few hours before bed.
I have blessed you with a healthy child.

Why is Ross working, working, working? It would be great if he was NOT on call and at home to help me instead.
You prayed for this Godly husband--honor him.

Adult interaction? Please. Please. I need a friend to come over.
I am always here to talk to.
-------

He had an answer pop into my head for every concern. Amelia had a hard night that night, but I remained calm while rocking her at two a.m. and felt peaceful. I spent that time praying for some families that are going through great turmoil right now. Please join me and pray for the Fitch, McMullen, and Hilton families.

I woke up Sunday feeling awful again and unable to take Amelia to church by myself (plus, her nose was still runnnnning). Our plans with Steph, Derek, and Ingrid go canceled because we couldn't chance the little one getting sick. AHHHH so sad. Mom and Dad came up after she napped and played with Amelia and I got to finish some laundry and shower. Luxuries! Meme stopped by and played with Amelia on Thursday and let Ross and I go to dinner. Another luxury! I am so thankful that the Lord sees my need--no matter its size compared to other people's--and it is important to him. That visit from my mom and dad so re-energized me yesterday and I feel rested and excited for this week with Amelia.

That was long. But, sometimes things aren't hunky dory. Sometimes it is hard to stay home, even though I choose to do so. Sometimes you just have to lay it all out there and be honest.

Now, on to Part II. You might have to come back later for this part since the above was exhausting. We went to Open Gym for the first time today. $5 for an hour of play. Amelia absolutely adored it. She walked on the beam, jumped in the foam pit, jumped on the trampoline, ran down the ramp mats. She was all over the place! We will definitely go back ( I promised amidst her tears) and it makes me think she will love gymnastics lessons. I snapped some pics on my phone. Most are blurry because I was running after her, but still cute. (Oh, and Amy, you and Owen inspired this visit).

Such a success!! Then, Brandy and Nate and her parents came by to see Amelia and the house and she had a blast showing off all her toys to them. Thanks so much for stopping by Brandy. Now, nap. Whew. I might try to doze a bit myself...

7 comments:

  1. Love the pictures, she is having a blast there, so glad you found this place. A fun day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok for the top comments. This was the Lord speaking to your heart Heather, you had his answers. It does make it easier but you still have to deal with life.We are so lucky that our whole family calls on Him for our strength. How could you make it without Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the hours at the Miss Vickie's and then gymnastic meets,not to mention dance-can't wait for it all again-loved it! She looks like she is having such fun!
    All the families are being prayed for by many and we are so glad you know where your strength comes from in good and bad times.Thank you Lord for giving Heather her Godly husband and healthy precious daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there sweet friend! Keep depending on the Lord for all your answers. I'm so glad you sought the peace only He can give instead of loosing it. Isn't God good? I love love that you are so real with us! Love ya bunches!

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. well said. we are constantly praying for the families mentioned.

    so glad ac loved open gym. i had a feeling she would. i love the pics. she looks so big running all over the place. miss her. and you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Call was exhausting but I am so thankful to a have such a supporting wife, and clearly she is the best mom ever! Sorry it was such a hard weekend for you thank you for everything that you do. I love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post Heahter, I love reading them. Thank you for the prayers for our family, they are greatly needed.

    ReplyDelete