Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Truth

1. A while back, a very pukish and tired girl moved into a new house in Ozark. She was feeling sorry for herself, but decided to persevere and finally cook for her husband in their new house. She worked diligently to time it just right for when he got home from work. He walked in and she rushed to see if dinner was ready only to find that the oven had never been turned on. Darn fancy shmancy oven. Apparenty setting the temperature isn't enough anymore, so, dinner was two hours late. Sad day. Oh yeah, there were tears.

2. Mess doesn't really bother me. (Mom, stop nodding/laughing in agreement) So, this morning the playroom looked like this.





And after a few minutes, like this. But, that's fun, right?


3. Sometimes I feel pressured (internally) to take Amelia places during the week and think of super fun things to do with her. I read an article on a blog a few days ago that put in perspective what I already know.

I have nothing against play groups or outings--hear me out--but I wonder why so many moms feel like they have to be involved in so many activities. I take my kids to the library, sometimes. :) I go over and we play at friend's houses, sometimes. I just don't know for sure that it is always best to constantly try to find a way to occupy them. Plus, your kids learn that they must be entertained in life. And we all know, as adults, entertaining yourself endlessly only leads to sin. Isn't childhood about playing and make-believe?

So, today Amelia and I stayed at home and made owls out of two Toms shoe inserts. She was immensely proud of herself and we have had fun not going anywhere at all.

We hung them up and she has consistently pointed up and said, "WHOOO WHOOO," every five minutes. :)
And oh how she loves these Ariel silky pajamas. And today, I didn't make her take them off after breakfast. Good purchase Gambo.

4. I was invited to hang out at Hebrews Coffee with Amber and some girls that I didn't know (and I didn't care..they were female adults..I'm in) and I had the greatest time. We just talked about our kids and life and it was so nice to get out for a few hours. Ahhh. These ladies are in the MOPS (Mothers Of Preschoolers) group that I am joining in September and I am really excited.

5. Today I consumed very unhealthy pregnant (or not pregnant) foods. Ramen noodles complete with 320938 milligrams of salt. Extra cheesey Cheeto puffs. Chocolate candy by the gobs. I am now drinking water to semi compensate.

8 comments:

  1. I always love reading your blog! I really like the quote you put...very well said! You are going to love having two kids to teach and play with! (we are!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that we have stuff in common but still have things that are so opposite. You have been good for me because I am pretty sure Asher gets tired of having nothing to do :)..... Also I promise we are going to have you guys over again but until micah gets here we may just have to plan on eating out sometime soon. That way no one has to remember to turn the oven on :).

    Em

    P.s.love the owls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the precious photo on the stool with her little sweet toes.Great quote,sometimes the getting out is more for the mom than the kid and somehow helps you both.I think you do well with a perfect balance of both kinds of days.Sounds like Rib Crib is in the near future with Em and Shelby-I know you will be in for that :) Thankful for good friends-Welcome back to her life Amber Snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah and the owls are a HOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the owls so much. Great craft idea--especially with the TOMS inserts. Genius! And I can't believe you forgot to turn the oven on! I'm laughing so hard. Those darn electric things. The good/bad thing with my stove is--you can smell the gas when you turn it on. So you know you've done it. haha. Loveyou!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the second picture with AC displaying her cereal proudly. Haha.

    -Jessalyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post. have fun at home...
    UD

    ReplyDelete
  8. When it is this hot we hardly ever get out. I feel guilty and Bentley sometimes acts bored, but we move on. Your playroom is awesome. Our toy area always looks like the second picture.

    ReplyDelete