Friday, April 26, 2013

Party at the Park

 All week the girls had been ELATED that Gammy was having her party at the park.  And Gam was a good sport, too, since she wasn't even the one that planned to have her party there.  It was a little chilly and windy at certain moments, but altogether turned out to be a nice day and we were thankful for no rain! 













We watched the girls play, ate Subway sandwiches, laughed, talked, flew kites, built sand castles and watched the geese on the river.  It was a simple and wonderful day for my sweet mom's birthday.  The thing that continually stands out to me about my mother is her UNSELFISHNESS.  It is truly beyond what I can fathom.  Although I am much less self-centered now that I have children, I still have to fight doing what I want all the time and planning things the way I want them.  No matter what my mom prefers, she always makes sure that her plans are in the best interest of SOMEONE else.  It is mind blowing to me.  She puts herself out and causes herself extra trouble all in the name of making sure someone else has an easier time.  Her example is always present in my mind when I am trying to make a decision on what to do.  I am so thankful for her. 

 Love this picture of the birthday girl and the four littles who think the WORLD of her. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, what very kind words, my sweet child! I loved every minute of it! Awesome day!Glad I didn't see that air shot in real life.Such cute pictures and will take that one of me and my girls!Cookies were so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome shots! :)
    UD

    ReplyDelete