Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Wrapping up Easter

 Amelia woke up and seemed to feel so much better on Easter morning, but once she got to Sunday School with Gammy and Gampy, she had a 103 fever!!  I was a wreck of all wrecks.  Upset because of the fever obviously, but she felt so awful and was perhaps the sickest I have seen her.  It was so heartbreaking.  And then I was upset over the trivial.  No Easter lunch after church or egg hunt or family pictures.  And then I was frantic that Liv, Ing, and Elise would get it- or Pop- or anyone in her face the day before.  I felt horrible.  And worried.  And scared. And spent most of the morning bawling my eyes out.  Thankfully Ross was as cool as usual and calmed me down by the afternoon. 
I went over and took a picture of this bunny cake that Jen made to cheer her up and after a nice nap and some iPad shows, she was feeling so much better and her fever was gone.

She got to hide eggs for the other girls and then watch them hunt.  We tried to keep her out of their face, but one little Elisey wasn't having it.


She was even feeling good enough to hunt a few eggs and then return to the shade to rest.  For this, I was SO thankful.  I know that egg hunts aren't why we have Easter, but I couldn't' shake the broken heart of her not hunting for any with our family.


After some more resting and the fever still not returning, we kept our original plans and headed to G and Pa's to see them.  The day was slowly being salvaged and we were proceeding carefully.  Amelia was convinced she was well and it was hard to keep her still on the farm. 
Mammaw gave the girls kites and it was the most perfectly breezy day to fly them.



G had Easter baskets for everyone and they were full of goodies.

Elise decided to eat some chocolate gravy at our delicious dinner and she found that she loved it- just like her Mama.




We had a huge egg hunt and the whole family was able to be together after all.  We headed home and Amelia slept the whole way (Elise sang) and it ended up being a wonderful time together.

1 comment: