Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Lynna Lou and Buzzy Bee

The friendship of these two angel pies was a short one if we were talking about being in the same town.  But, somehow their tiny hearts were bonded forever and their friendship has continued from different cities and states.  I am so thankful for Caisse- a much braver mom than I- who has traveled to us each time to reunite Lynna and Amelia.  We had been counting down their visit for months and it started with a trip to Incredible Pizza for some fun. Two excited girls before we left.
  Liam and Zeke got to come too and almost the whole play group was back together again.



 Meeting Faith for the first time.  This was a sweet meeting and has prompted Amelia to have thousands of conversations with me about adding a third member to our family. 

Elise doesn't remember Lynna from when she lived here, but since Amelia talks about her so much, Elise thinks Lynna is her best friend too.  And she is just crazy about Evan. 





After a go-kart ride, thousands of games and tokens and tickets and pizza, we said goodnight for the evening, but only for a brief time and I took the girls to swim at the hotel bright and early the next evening.  They had a blast and got to ooh and ahh over sweet Baby Faith.  We have talked about her and looked at pictures, but it was so nice to see her wonderfully squishy self in person.  Gorgeous!




 The girls had a great time splashing in the pool and "racing."  Ross was at work, so it was just me with my two and I couldn't get any pictures of the actual swimming, but there was a ton of giggling going on.


 The girls showered off and we headed home for a quick nap and then right back to meet at the farm park for some afternoon playing.  I snoozed too and woke up with scary chlorine hair, but I was ready to rock n roll!

 They had several new bunnies and a gorgeous new bunny house. 
 There were some baby chicks that had just hatched THAT morning!  So cool to see.




 After the farm, there was a quick supper and Chik fil A and then we headed home to gear up for our last few hours at the skating rink the next day. The girls had never been skating and were SUPER pumped to go try it out.






 The girls had a blast holding hands and scooting around the rink and if I closed my eyes and listened just right, I could hear "Gangsta's Paradise" blaring from the speakers at the old Harrison skating rink.  I always loved to skate--so freeing and fun for me.  However, the fun ended as we announced that the besties were splitting up and heading to separate places.  My poor tender heart just cannot ever hold those emotions in.




It was a wonderful trip and I pray that this is one of those stories the girls are able to tell years to come of that special friend that they only see a few times a year, but can pick up with in a heartbeat.  A precious Springfield adventure.

2 comments:

  1. That was such a packed week-end of fun for two special girls and their families!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the pictures of the great weekend for these little ones !!!

    ReplyDelete