Thursday, May 19, 2011

Zoom

Man. We've been busy. With Ross working so much this final stretch to finish up his first year, (HALLELUJAH) we have just been doing a ton of stuff so we won't miss him as much. Tonight is his LAST night of nights as an intern. So excited. He has been a zombie and I've felt like a single mom this entire rotation. This is most of what we see when he is home.
Thank goodness for his parents coming up one night and my parents letting us stay with them for a few days. I get tons of support and love :)

We've been...

- Getting shots. Elise did wonderful and barely cried for her four month shots. She weighs 14 lbs, 5 oz and was in the 50th percentile. She is 24 inches long which was the 25th percentile. Her checkup went great. Our pediatrician referred us to a neurosurgeon to have the indentation in her forehead looked at to make sure that there are no problems with it. We don't have a date for that appointment yet, and although I am apprehensive and anxious to get it over with, I am glad we are going to have it checked out. Here is the brave girl.

She is rolling over both ways now and even crawling!! Yes, you read right. She puts her head down and scoots her little buns way up in the air. It is crazy and she can completely crawl off her blanket backwards.

- Making penguins. Miss wild hair lady made a few penguins after nap (thanks Aunt Steph for running them off). We just stuck with P this week and we will start a new letter next week. Amelia loves to "make" the letter P now.


- Seeing Lily. While we were at Gammy and Gampy's for a few days Brandy and Lily came to visit us. Elise and Lily had so much fun together and I hope they are great friends like their mamas. Brandy added an extra two hours to her trip just to come see us and I appreciated it SO much. Lily was just precious and is still looking just like her Daddy to me.




- Pumping our milk. Amelia loves to pump milk for her babies. Umm. Bizarre. And hilarious.



-Playing games. Amelia loves to play her matching game and Hi Ho Cheerio. She has a really clear concept of both games and even tried to cheat at Hi Ho Cheerio. The spinner "accidentally" got moved over to the 3. I love playing games with her and it tears me up a little to think of all the game nights to come. Growing up we always played Life, Yahtzee, Sorry, Trouble, Pacheezi, and many more games as a family. I cherish those memories and can't wait to create some for Amelia and Elise.

-Going to our last day of MOPS. Amelia wasn't interested in posing really, but here she is on her last day. Although she cried almost every single time we went, she really ended up enjoying her time there. I think this will be a battle with us for quite a while. She gets very anxious and nervous before I leave her at church or at MOPS. It has gotten easier for me because I know she needs to learn to accept being left for one or two hours in order to prepare for preschool and kindergarten. I can barely type those out without bawling hysterically. Can you even imagine me at the drop off? Definitely will scare off other mothers and potential friends.


That about catches you up. Better Shelb? Sorry to leave you hanging. Here's a picture of my two babies because I love seeing them side by side


Oh, and we got a new chair with our tax money because I rock. I mean, obviously figuratively speaking, but I literally rock, a ton. I rock both my girls to sleep for naps and for bed, so I needed an upgrade.

6 comments:

  1. I saw you on my aunt's blog list. What a beautiful family! It is good to see you are doing well. My wife and I are expecting our first child, a girl, this summer. I can't wait to see her. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo happy this is Ross's last night of nights. But--I do like it when you come stay for a few days. Makes me super happy. Especially when you come to my house and visit with ME. Love all the updates and pics. Amelia looks so big heading to MOPS. I'm glad she loves it so much. It will be so fun to have tons of game nights with the girls when they get older. I can't wait! So glad you got a new rocker. You needed one desperately. Just as I need our trip Saturday desperately! Can't WAIT one more day. Guess I'll have to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog & darling pictures on our precious little girls.Thanks Heathy.
    Ross has worked so much, hopefully will have good time off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May has definitely equaled work with zero days off-whew what a month for you all.Love your new chair as I rocked two to sleep in it last night and it was comfy and didn't fall off it's rocker like the previous one.LOL Sweet picture of Bee going to school.I know you will be thankful when the neurologist calls for your visit.Our sweet Elise is right on target and ahead of most with everything and cute as a bug!Glad nights are coming to a close-SHOP TIL DROP COMING SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't belive Elise is that close to crawling! She is so smart and pretty!!! I loved your paragraph about the rocker...made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of great stuff! Glad things are slowing down for you all. You do so many fun things. Thanks for sharing about your precious family! Your rock!

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete