Monday, May 23, 2011

Letter of the Week- D

EDIT: Please pray for my friend Kayla and her sweet baby Audrey. Audrey has very suddenly become critically ill and needs many prayers. She just turned a month old and has been making such fabulous strides and this is quite a shock for her family.
---------
New letter of the week. Unfortunate word to accompany it. Devastation. That's all I see on the news and on the computer. It is the deadliest tornado to date and it is only an hour from my house. Over half of Joplin seems to be completely destroyed. I continue to scroll through the list of people missing and the pleas of those searching for their loved ones. It is awful and has continued to storm all day with more tornadic storms in store for tomorrow. I just don't have it in me to post much. However, my dear friend told me to stop looking at pictures and lists of missing persons and she is right, so I thought I would jot out a quick something before bed.

We went to a very sketchy aquarium in Branson on Sunday and fed some sharks. Not kidding. A hole in the wall with a shark tank. Super safe place for your kids, right? Amelia fed these sharks with food on a stick inches from her face. I was so scared and she kept saying she loved the sharks. She even went home with a stuffed shark courtesy of Gampy. There are no pictures because I was pacing around with Elise with the shark madness took place. I almost fed a sting ray but chickened out and dropped the food in the water. Amelia also got to pet a big snake. She did this with a HUGE smile. Seriously?? I regained my composure and got a few pics that I will post later. An eventful day.

The thunder is rolling and the lightning is blazing up the sky and I am safe and warm in my home with my family. And I am so thankful and I love them.

3 comments:

  1. Well, we are all thankful for the basement in your safe home. We can all pray for the people that have and will go through more than any of us could imagine.
    Little Audrey has been such a fighter, praying that she can fight through this also.
    Makes each of us so thankful for what we have and the well being of our families.
    Heather,you will have strength to deal with what ever is sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I was there working for the last two days and you can rest assured that there is alot of positive things going on as well. God is working through a whole of people right now! It is bad, but there is currently, and will be, a lot of good come of this situation. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Audrey and Joplin as well.Thank you for the update Garrett and thank you for the help you gave them,spiritually and labor.Shark tank place was very weird,but she loved it.

    ReplyDelete