Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Family Reunion Take One

I am way behind on posting, but I don't feel like backtracking right now because we had such a fun Memorial Day weekend. Our family reunion was a blast and the three little girls were SO good. None of them missed a beat spending two nights away from home in a cabin on the lake; in fact, they thrived. SUPER FUN and perfect weather and company. Now, I pretty much just took pictures of the girls. Next year I hope to not be consumed by their delicious cuteness and actually take pictures of my extended family because they are ohsocool and we had ohsomuchfun.

We arrived at Indian Hills and Mom and Dad had their latest purchase sitting out in front of the cabin. It was an instant hit. (Elise is not standing up by herself).

I know I have said it before, but I LOVE watching other people love on my kids. And, there was plenty of that going on for two straight days. Amelia met some of her cousins for the first time and was especially delighted to play with Alayna. Two of the "big girl" cousins played with her on the playground and she thought she was hot stuff. All so adorable. And Elise Mae rarely had to be put down for a second.


After some playing it was time for our big family meal and the girls got on their matching dresses from Gammy. So precious and I can't help but wonder if next year there will be another little girl in the picture or a sweet tiny man in the middle. They looked adorable :)
This next picture cracks me up because I said I wanted a shot of all four of us and I didn't realize until right before we snapped that I was holding Ingrid and not Amelia, lol.
After we ate.. And ate.. And ate.. Seriously-the food was insane. Amelia wanted to swim and it was like seven and the water was freezing cold and the sun was going down, but I said YES :) Now of course, I was too big of a chicken to put one toe in the water but her daddy and Uncle D went with her and although she shivered uncontrollably, she had the most wonderful time. She loved the pool last year and I knew she wouldn't remember that and was curious as to how she would do this summer. She wanted to do it by herself and was annoyed that she had to be held around the waist, ha.
She was very big into jumping off the steps to Ross and jumping off the side with him holding her hands. Brave girl. She wanted to do the slide, but I wouldn't let her. Ross put her up halfway and held onto her and Derek caught her at the bottom.All three girls slept great and we awoke for another day of fun. Here is a shot at the end of the day with my best friend in the world.

5 comments:

  1. Babies were so into the reunion,cracked me up. So happy to have my bunch there.We were all visiting, laughing and playing games.
    Over until next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious. I just did the exact opposite. Saved the reunion post until later and caught up on old stuff. Heehee. Loved the reunion to death. The girls were so good. Up to their eyeballs in fun. Amelia is so entertaining. It was the BEST. And you looked so pretty. Hooray for fun family time--when your family is the coolest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crack me up about the picture...sounds like something I would do! The sad thing is I probably wouldn't of noticed! Love her swimsuit and the matching outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that everyone had fun,our weather was perfect,we all had safe travels,and the matching dresses were adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My website has four coats of arms with the surname Halsted.

    ReplyDelete