Friday, January 31, 2014

Long Weekend

I have to get back in gear on my blog updates or I will never catch up!  We had a wonderful long weekend (and now it is already the weekend again; time you are so sly) at Big Cedar and it was our first time to go.  Our friends have a timeshare and invited us for some good food and game playing.  We feel very blessed to have really connected with a few couples who have the same main life goal:  loving God and telling others about Him. The fact that we can just slum in our pajamas and get competitive during some guys vs girls board games is icing on the cake.  Gampy and Gammy came and stayed the night with the girls so that Ross and I could go have some time together.  I am so thankful that they see that Ross and I being together is important.  And just as I was feeling extra guilty for telling the girls that we were staying TWO nights and not one, Amelia burst out with, "YES, this is the best news ever."  Haha.  We listened to a comedian after dinner and oh how funny he was. 




Our friends left Friday afternoon and Ross and I did some shopping and then Steph and D came up for another great dinner.  Love that we are all four best friends.  Makes me so happy when I know that so many others struggle with their in-laws.




 Saturday morning we woke up bright and early to get home to the girls and prepare for our company that was arriving in a few hours.  The girls loved the big lollipops we brought them home.
Thanks again Mom and Dad for all your help and allowing us to have that fun time together with people we love!!  Always good to see these two blonde babies though.  Missed them so much.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed my time with the tooter bugs! We had fun and you had fun!

    ReplyDelete