Thursday, January 9, 2014

2014

Feeling so overwhelmed this morning as I sit down. Tears in the eyes overwhelmed.  I feel so insanely undeserving as I look back at 2013.  Every single picture that I took means something to me, evokes such emotion in me.  I have read so many things lately about taking too many pictures and having your phone in your hand and being distracted, and it is easy for me to start to believe everything someone writes.  To believe that it has to be true for me, and that I have to implement it.  I have to find what works best for my family, as does everyone; and, we love pictures.  It warms my heart when the girls and I sit down and look back at pictures of things we did the past year.  They excitedly and vividly recount, "Oh, it was so hot that day!"  Or, "That was the most awesome time sledding, Mom!" 

One day back in June, I took about 20-30 pictures of the girls lying on our new rug on the porch. They were just playing, nothing monumental.  But the story behind the picture tugs at my heart. When we purchased this house, I had dreams of a bright and colorful rug out there.  Dreams of turning that porch into a playroom, with sun streaming in those thousands of windows.  I searched for months for the perfect rug and when it came in, soft and colorful and perfect, that was a victory.  The first day the girls played on the sunporch after the rug was in place and the toys were situated, another victory.  This picture represents so much happiness to me.  So much worry about the move and them adjusting and missing our house, dissolved.  So many answered prayers in one seemingly insignificant photo.  This picture represents a victory to me.

And, in this new year, I want to focus more on victories.  I love the hymn, "Oh, Victory, in Jesus, my Savior, forever..."  It is true, in him we have victory!  We are free of our old selves and our old baggage and ready for new things to conquer in HIM.  Yes there will be defeats, but that makes the victories sweeter yet.  So, goodbye fear and guilt.  Goodbye, gossip and negativity.  I'm ready to claim Victory.

4 comments:

  1. So praying you can do this my sweet child! Wonderful old hymn that says so much! You can claim it and so can those sweet girls! God is good! So thankful for the spot he put you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sweet victory! You have many victories to celebrate - and even more in 2014!
    I can feel the emotions in this post. And I, too, am ready to let go of the baggage, and accept the fullness of Him. Love you.

    AT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up on your blog! Love the rug and so glad for the victory!

    ReplyDelete