Friday, May 24, 2013

Color Me Rad!!!!!!

Pouting over pastries, lol

Best crepe of my lifeee

After a fun and interesting breakfast, in which we were befriended by a strange guitarist, we were filled with adrenaline and ready to rock and roll.  We took tons of pictures and were seriously so pumped to get started.





My sweet husband brought Amelia in the rain for the end of the race because she so desperately wanted to run alongside of me for a bit.  She has declared she is definitely racing in this thing next year.



We went back to my house and showered and changed and then had an awesome lunch and shopped a bit.  I love making new friends and while some of those friends have truly made my life better, there is nothing like friends that you grew up with.  Friends that you don't have to tell stories about your past to because they already know.  Friends that literally and truly don't judge you-- you don't have to worry for a second.  Friendship that extinguishes any pretense.  Friendship that helps you conquer great things.  Friendship that picks up exactly where it left off.  My situation is unique in that my friends from high school have always loved my sister and I have always loved her best friend.  As we have gotten older, the friendship group has merged into one.  It is such a blessing to be able to take time away with these gals.  Does my heart good.  My favorite friendships. 

I am also very lucky because my husband and parents recognize the importance of these friendships and allow me the time away to continue to invest in them.  I hope we are coloring the world rad together for years to come.

1 comment:

  1. Me too and then hope our little ones color it rad together as well! So much fun with these fabulous gals and many oh many memories!

    ReplyDelete