Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Fay Town and the End of the Rocker

Amelia has been begging to spend the night with Aunt Jessalyn from the moment she left Ozark and a few weekends ago, it finally worked out for us to go and spend the night.  The girls were HIGHLY excited.  We stopped in Harrison to have lunch at The Mill, because, let's face it, we are just not a traveling family.  After one hour in the car we are ready to stretch our legs and eat.  Pathetic.  We had a nice lunch with Gammy and Gampy and then hit the road for the rest of our trip.  Just an hour and a half more--don't judge.



We met Jessalyn at Boingo Bounce and the girls had a blast.  All the pictures are blurry, but that kind of makes them even funnier.  The girls just wore themselves out and we (the big people) were able to do all the jumping we wanted with them.  Great time!



Then we went to Jessalyn's house to change and go swim at the Jones Center.  I had no idea that the girls would be big enough to do the slide because it seems HUGE to me.  However, they let them go down with an adult and it was the hit of the night for sure.  I was too scared and nervous to take my own kids down in my lap but everyone else did great with it, ha.



After swimming we went to eat some delish burgers, but we were really pushing it as far as time.  I was tired so I knew the girls had to be exhausted.  But, they were great while we ate and then when we got to Jessalyn's, IT happened.  Elise said she wanted to lay on her travel cot without me rocking her.  Just like that.  I think she was trying to impress Jessalyn and Brant, but whatever the reason, she didn't want me to rock her.  For the first time ever!!!  She laid down and with just a few extra pats and hugs, she went to sleep!  I was only a little sad, because she was ready. And, because I figured it was a random fluke. I'm more sad typing it now, though because she has been laying down on her own for over two weeks.
 We woke up the next morning and played with Barkley.  He was a big hit of the trip and despite his ginormous size in comparison to the girls, he was so gentle and sweet with them.  They were enamored with him and further confirmed my hunch that we will definitely be a dog family in the future.

 After a trip to the mall and some lunch, it was time to head out.  Poor little Bee always get so sad to leave people..





2 comments:

  1. Wonderful trip with a fabulous happening on our Elise Mae,SLEEPING LIKE A BIG GIRL! So glad they always have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been waiting for this new post, was not disappointed with it.Great pictures and visit with their Auntie. Both growing up too fast for this Meme..

    ReplyDelete