Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Yep, She Said It

Picture this.  My best friend from high school who ALWAYS decides to go to Branson instead of Springfield, finally comes up to eat lunch with us. I load the girls up and head to the mall and it decides to pour down uncontrollable amounts of rain. I have on TOMS and flare leg jeans. Cue soaked feet and water up to my knees. Amelia has on flip flops. I carry both girls into the mall, RUNNING through the puddles mind you, and I enter the doors soaked and have a girl on each hip. As I am blowing my pasted bangs out of my face, a happy little worker says, "You like free sample?" as she waves the sweet and sour chicken in my face.

Me: "Um, yeah sure, just pop it in."

Worker: Losing her huge smile, she leans over like I am diseased and attempts to put the free sample in my mouth, all the while clutching the toothpick.  Loud nervous laughter.

Amelia: As it gets close to my mouth and consequently, Amelia's mouth, she yells, "That STINKS SO BAD."

Me: "Nevermind."

---------------------------------------------------
A:  Yelling in some question to me about princess jewelery.
M:  Not responding because I am not quite sure how I want to answer yet.
A:  "Hey, do you have a kitten in your mouth?"
M:  "Excuse me?"
A:  "Yeah, you know when someone doesn't talk to you and you ask them if they have a kitten in their mouth?"
M:  Dying laughing.  "Yes, sweetie, you ask them if the cat has their tongue."
A:  "That's what I said."
-----------------------------------------------------
We took Amelia to Dixie Cafe for the first time and she loved it.   Her G and Pa came up to take her to dinner and when she was asked where she wanted to go, she replied, "Umm Pixie Dust Cafe.  I love that place." 

Oh, to have your world revolve around pixie dust :)
 -----------------------------------------------------

We have had several really warm days and all of us busted out our shorts.
A:  "Mom, something is wrong with your legs."
M:  "What do you mean?"
A:  "Well keep them away from me because they are very poky."
----------------------------------------------------

I was telling Elise how great her painting was and this followed...

A:  "What about mine?"
M:  "It's nice too, but Elise is taking extra time to use a lot of colors."
A:  "Well since I'm older, everything I do will always be better than hers.  That's good, right?"
Me: "Oh dear..."  Launched into huge speech about age having nothing to do with effort.  I'm sure it was well received and sunk in. 


5 comments:

  1. Out of the mouth of babes !!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was just what I needed to start my Thursday off right!!! Hilarious. I'll be sharing these at work today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA absolutely hilarious. she is going to be such a funny adult :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather I didn't think you EVER had a kitten in your mouth???? You are never at a loss for words!!! I saw those comments on FB & was wondering what was soooo funny - now I know! I realllly was laughing - oh what a pair you are :) What a precious time!
    Really makes me wonder....what will she share during Show & TELL????

    ReplyDelete
  5. this makes me laugh! and once again reaffirms the fact that I think Amelia and Eli would be PERFECT for one another...they would have great conversations!

    ReplyDelete