Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mommy and Elise


Another beautiful day at the park. What a blessing to live in this area! The park system is so awesome here and we love to go to different parks all the time because they each offer something different. This weather is just perfect before it gets too hot. Memorial Park has a fabulous area for running free, and Finley River Park has sand and water, and The Park By The Mall (not sure on the name) is in a great location with FIVE slides that Buzzy loves. There are a ton we haven't even checked out yet. I know I have said it before, but I cherish the time that I have with Elise on Mondays and Wednesdays while Amelia is at school. I hear her more clearly, am able to focus on just her, and see that she is just growing up in a flash. She honks at the ducks, asks to hold my keys, and said "WHEE" when she wants to swing higher.


She has a blast, but is always looking for her sister. The moment we drop Amelia off she starts crying for her and asks for her several times in the few hours she is gone.  I  had intended to put Elise in the program next year for one day and keep Amelia in the two day program.  They would have gone on alternating days, and I would have had some alone time with each of them.  Unfortunately, that isn't going to work out.  My family told me that for several weeks leading up to the deadline for the paperwork, but I finally had to realize it myself.  There are several reasons; like when I take Amelia to go swimming on a day Elise is in school.  Seems fun and fantastic, but she will realize that if WE are doing fun things on her day out of school, then Elise and I are doing fun things when she is in school. They worry about where the other sister is and what she is doing.  What can I say, I raise nosy, clingy babies :)  They are also adorable, intelligent, and fabulous!

I turned in the paperwork for them to both go on M and W together. This was a big step for me and I'm still feeling very nervous about Elise going to school two days a week at such an early age.  She still gets very upset when we leave her in the nursery, so I will definitely be holding my breath. And praying, and crying, and all sorts of other fun stuff.

School will be out at the end of May and until then, Elise and I will keep going on adventures.  We mainly go hiking and to the park because her favorite thing is to be outside. 

It's all fun and games until it is time to leave.  Then, I am the meanest mom ever.

1 comment:

  1. Love the fun she has but of course not the sad face.My favorite is the dandelion ones.So excited they will be in school together and pray for great teachers like Mrs. Tonya!

    ReplyDelete