Sunday, April 8, 2012

HE AROSE!

I saw a lot of fancy recipes for Resurrection Cookies and really neat activities to show the empty tomb, but for some reason I just couldn't get around to doing any of them. We have been talking about the Easter story on a small level and Amelia has really wanted to know a lot of details about it. I can't believe how much kids soak up; it amazes me. It has been important for me to not say death or die as she isn't ready to really talk about that before she has to, but she knows he was very hurt and bleeding, etc. Here is a glimpse of "her" Easter story with good old playdough.

A: "Lets make the cross."
M: "Okay, it was very scary for him up there."

A: "I know and he had blood dripping all down and it was for our sins."
M: "Yes, we are so thankful for his sacrifice."
A: "What if he hadn't died for our sins?"
M: "Um...that would have been awful." (Put me on the spot there).
A: "I know his Mom was very sad like this."



M: "Yes, it was very hard for them to think he would never come out of the tomb and that he was gone forever."
A: "But they went to check and he was AROSEN! Everyone danced and singed."


M: "They sure did. And Elise is checking to make sure he rose and went in heaven."
A: "He did. He will always live there."

2 comments:

  1. I'm catching up on all your posts and I love them. I just keep wanting more and more and more. Had a great weekend with you. Wish you never had to go back home. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete