Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday Summary

-Meme always tells me, "Heather, big picture." It is no secret I get worked up about little things, big things, invisible things, etc. Sometimes there is validity, but usually there is just useless worry. Every time I talk to Meme about something going on, she will remind me to look at the big picture and only focus on things that are going to matter. I have honestly been doing better and it is kind of revamping my mothering approach.

Amelia wanted to sleep in her face paint last night. Big picture--no huge deal and no need to fight. So, she slept as a lion and washed it off this morning.

Elise still won't lay in her crib and I've worried about it for days. Big picture? She will eventually, just like Amelia, and so last night I just lied down with her and forgot about the eighty attempts of trying to get her in her crib.

There are countless examples of things that happen during the day that cause me to just bite my tongue and think about the big picture. Thanks Meme. I mean after all, it is all about these two.

Does this mean I don't get my panties in a wad anymore? Hardly. Just fewer wedgies seem to be happening. It's nice.




- We have been going to the park a TON. Amelia has asked almost every day and we always have a wonderful time. I honestly cannot believe how gorgeous it has been. I told Mom that Friday I just didn't want to gather everything up for a picnic when Amelia asked but then I had a distinct image of a freezing and gross December and I realized I better get all the park time in she wanted. So, off for a picnic and playing. I mean, it is just WAY more fun to eat outside.

This park was new to us with very high and scary slides in one part and she, of course, wanted to do them. She was so big and brave. I was following behind her carrying Elise in the Moby screaming, "Be careful." Typical. Hey, big picture, it DOES matter if she falls off a 70 foot slide.





-My friend Keri sent us a surprise package in the mail with gorgeous Halloween bows and some precious ruffle pants for Elise. How adorable, right? I think I will commission her to make a whole wardrobe out of those pants.

Thanks Keri :)



-We had our church Fall Sunday School party last night and it was a blast! Ross was on call, but got to come for a little while. There was face painting, tons of food, glow in the dark necklaces, chalk, play houses, a parachute, and a hayride! It was a truly wonderful night and I love the people in our class. So grateful that wherever we move the Lord provides a great body of believers for us to worship with.

4 comments:

  1. LOL BIG PICTURE! Love the first picture of the two girls.Face paint is amazing!Pants are so presh! Glad you all have had a fun week.Sounds like a wonderful Sunday School party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little lion! Whoever did that is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lion face paint kills me. It's so cute. I love that Amelia, a TWO year old, was patient enough to sit still for an entire lion face. Looks like it was a fun party. Love the heart rear on Elise at the park! Precious precious precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Favorites: lion face and ruffle pants. cute, cute, cute! Thanks for the big picture reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete