Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Holding

So, I have just been holding a baby. Literally every second I could be blogging...I'm holding :). Elise had been doing great laying down from 8-11 or so each night, and then when she awoke would get in bed with us. However, since her sickness and restless, fever-filled nights, she will not lay down for a second. She sleeps clutching my shirt and will not lay in her bed for a smidge, so I hold her for her nap and hold her until I go to bed. We are working on Ross holding her but when I try to transfer her to him she usually screams bloody murder. Anyway, a big regression, but we will keep working to get back where we were.

All that to say I am majorly behind on some pictures. I have fifteen minutes of Little Bear (Amelia's new favorite show in the entire world) and I better get with it.

Elise is really getting in to storytime. Last week she even sat on the carpet square next to Amelia instead of in my lap. It cracked me up. She's pretty big for nine months.



They have an adorable puppet theater and Amelia wants to spend hours putting on shows. Elise could spend hours at the magnet board. My girls love the library :)



The weather has been gorgeous in the mornings and we love going to the Nature Center. It blows my mind how many free things there are to do in Springfield. The girls love the hiking trail. Amelia talks about the moss, fossils, squirrels, grapevines, and birds the whole time we walk. Elise almost always does this halfway through the trail...
Amelia loves these drawers. They all have things inside of them that start with the letter on the front. I am proud to say that she knows 22 of her 26 letters :)

And since this post is about things we love; my entire family loves this fall garland that Aunt Steph made for us. Elise points at it all the time and Amelia thinks it is "beautiful." Steph is so talented and after she made one for her house I said, "I want one." I thought my pout would go unnoticed, but she had us one made by the next time I saw her. YIPPEE.

Show's over.

3 comments:

  1. Great pics. Love that both your girls love the library! I want to go to a puppet show by Amelia! I can't believe how much Elise can do at 9 months old. She is a show-stopper. Thanks for my shout-out. Your garland looks great with the wheat field!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go library girls! Go knowing your letters Amelia Claire, my smart girl.Look at sweet Elise Mae being such a big wig like the other kids.I am glad your pregnant working sissy had time to fit your new garland in-LOL-Looks great!The nature trail seems to be something you all three love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AC's hair is soooo long! What a bunch of cuties!

    ReplyDelete