Friday, October 14, 2011

Because I'm In Charge

Amelia is always worried about who is in charge. She wants to know who made me in charge. And when I tell her God, she replies, "Well, he just told me I am in charge." She wants to be in charge of Elise and in charge of her babies and who knows what other dictatorial plan she is hatching in that brilliant two year old brain. And, it makes me do a little sheepish side-smile because I have always been mildly obsessed with being in charge as well.

She also loves to talk. And, I'm glad because guess what? SO DO I! With Ross working a lot, it sure helps to have my little buddy around to help me be in charge.

M: Amelia do not pull on your eyes like that because you might hurt them and not be able to see.
A: Well, Jesus will just put mud on them like that one guy and I will be able to see again.
-----------------------------------
A: (within seconds of waking up) Hey, it's sunny out today. It would be the perfect day to go to the park and have a picnic. Let's do that, okay? Isn't that a good idea?
M: (laughing) Well, it seems we have no choice sweetie.
----------------------------------
A: Don't always put your hair in a ponytail. I like it down and wild.
M: But it gets in my face.
A: Well it looks wet to me.
M: Um that's grease. (eeek time for a shower)
----------------------------------
A: You know what I think?
M: What?
A: Dad is for sure Elise's favorite guy.
M: I agree.
-----------------------------------
This happened a month or so ago, but it is my favorite story ever. I was calling Ross by my dad's name for something he did and this is what transpired.

M: Well, Steve Cates, aren't you funny?
A: MOM, Steve Cates is my GAMPY. That is WOSS.
-----------------------------------------

Here is Amelia with the dried pumpkins, and in car line at school.

Elise and Amelia at the mini-pumpkin stand where we spent almost an hour looking for a few pumpkins :) Somehow we left with six pumpkins, a gourd, and four ears of Indian corn.


And, on a random note. Elise is still not laying down for a moment so I scooted her off my lap as a joke and she sat in this chair the other night for over an hour. ONE HOUR of freedom. Well, kind of--I had to sit by the chair in case she woke up. BUT, I still got to fold some clothes and straighten up. Doesn't she look so darn cute?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word-Love these funny, sweet conversations. :) Elise looks precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has to love a good Buzzy Bee story-she is a riot! That is such a sweet picture of Elise Mae-love love love! WHO ARE YOU KIDDING....MILDLY OBSESSED lol you have been in charge since you were 2 as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live for these stories of Amelia quotes. She is the funniest two year old in the world, by far. The Steve Cates story is my favorite and I'm still laughing. She is definitely you and loves being the boss. Love all the Halloween outfits and Elise sleeping in that recliner is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete